Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Stereo volume acting weird

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo volume acting weird

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue ... When the car hits a bump which causes it to bounce a bit, the stereo volume increases or decreases. So, if I were to hit a bump the volume might go up or it may go down. Originally I was thinking that there might be a loose connect somewhere. But then I noticed that this only occurs when I am playing any kind of a mp3 cd or regular cd. Any ideas?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 01:59 PM

I have the same issue... it's a loose harness or something. The dealer said they see it all the time and it takes minutes to fix, but I haven't gone in since I use the AUX most of the time...

Annoying as hell though. It gets worse over time too.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

ive had the volume increase on me when im trying to turn the music down(turn nob to the left and music gets louder)...hasnt happened in a while though
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

I had that problem too and I went to dealership yesterday. They told me there going to change my stereo.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I think I an going to take it in to see what the dealer says.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djson80
I have the same issue... it's a loose harness or something. The dealer said they see it all the time and it takes minutes to fix, but I haven't gone in since I use the AUX most of the time...

Annoying as hell though. It gets worse over time too.
How r u getting your AUX to work? When I connect my IPhone to the AUX port, I don't hear any sound. Perhaps the dealer can fix that too.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
you need a new head-unit. happens all the time. also, they'll have to order it once you go in to verify the problem and do the paperwork, yada yada, so it wont be immediate fix. maybe a week or two before the new one comes in
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Komilp- u have to go into six mode by holding down the mp3/cd button until screen says aux
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by total0wnage
Komilp- u have to go into six mode by holding down the mp3/cd button until screen says aux
I did that. I hold down AUX until I see the message AUX on the screen. I had my mp3 player's volume set to high, but still no sound. I wonder if perhaps the car originally had a navi and the dealer swapped it with the stereo and just forgot about the aux cable.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by komilp13
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue ... When the car hits a bump which causes it to bounce a bit, the stereo volume increases or decreases. So, if I were to hit a bump the volume might go up or it may go down. Originally I was thinking that there might be a loose connect somewhere. But then I noticed that this only occurs when I am playing any kind of a mp3 cd or regular cd. Any ideas?
It funny you mention that. Up until a few months ago my volume button ( on the sterring wheel) activates the blue tooth command when I push the + or - button on the steering colum. I would want to turn up the tunes on a good song and all of a sudden I get the ladys voice asking who I would like to call

Happens about once a week . Annoying but concerning as Iwould not want this to get worse.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

dunno.. on my car the radio sounds fine.. but if i put a cd in.. i get very low sound.. and sometimes only on half the car.. the stock stereo sucks..
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Same issue.. Went to the dealer and they said they would switch it out... but I moved in the ordering process...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shabsralliart
It funny you mention that. Up until a few months ago my volume button ( on the sterring wheel) activates the blue tooth command when I push the + or - button on the steering colum. I would want to turn up the tunes on a good song and all of a sudden I get the ladys voice asking who I would like to call

Happens about once a week . Annoying but concerning as Iwould not want this to get worse.
that issue is somewhat common as well. if the volume buttons are triggering the bluetooth operation, you need to have your steering wheel clock-spring replaced. if you can pay attention and notice, you'll see that this mishap usually only happens when the steering wheel is not in the straight-forward position
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

my rear 2 passanger speakers if kinda broken, i hear a metal sound or plastic shaking everytime i play my music. here are the conditions:
volume: 18
Punch lvl: Max -1
Bass : Max -1
max on L and R

this problem starts after volume 18 ++

gonna take it to the dealer this weekend. they said it's under warranty but i just don't wanna drive home another car than the RA ><

forgot to mention: mine has the premium sound pkg with subbie. (rocksford)

Any one how to MUTE the audio from the steering wheel buttonss??? I've been looking for this for such a long time.

Last edited by bacquerel; Oct 13, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

The first audio problem came up today ..
The balance was really "off" ... when I had it in 0, most of the output went to the right...
when I set R 11 .. (all the way to the right) ... it sounds exactly the same.. when i did L 11 (all the way to the left) .. it was so low that it was almost muted..

And this was with the entire Left side, I tried the back and it was doing the same thing...

after parking the car for supper, it went back to normal ... strange.. something must be wrong with the firmware or with the electronics..

Quick Reply: Stereo volume acting weird