Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X SST installed in a Ralliart 09!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the car hasn't been throwing error codes then there isn't much to worry about. You could retune your ralliart and see if your tuner can get the boost/spool higher, as it might be losing too much boost pressure in launching, Or you could just do a X turbo swap and change ECUs
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt worry at all about the engine nor tranny, as the engine isnt going to be the one to blow up, and i dont see why the tranny would be hurt by any of this at all. Like you and a few others said i would just make sure that the ecu and tcu are able to talk to each other, you may just need to buy a evo x mr ecu and install and have the car ecu tuned and all that shebang again if you have not already done that. Im not sure what differences there are if any as im no mechanic but common sense is just telling me that if it is not tuned already u need to go do that, or atleast research to find what differences there are in the ecu to see if you may need to swap it or something. Again no mechanic but its what i would do if i had to
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
i wouldnt worry at all about the engine nor tranny, as the engine isnt going to be the one to blow up, and i dont see why the tranny would be hurt by any of this at all. Like you and a few others said i would just make sure that the ecu and tcu are able to talk to each other, you may just need to buy a evo x mr ecu and install and have the car ecu tuned and all that shebang again if you have not already done that. Im not sure what differences there are if any as im no mechanic but common sense is just telling me that if it is not tuned already u need to go do that, or atleast research to find what differences there are in the ecu to see if you may need to swap it or something. Again no mechanic but its what i would do if i had to
I think he might get into more trouble with the MR ECU programs since it's expecting so come backs from the AYC unit. Staying with the Ralliart program seams to be the safest way especially that he did not get any error codes.

But that brings an interesting point.... Would it be possible to get the AYC components from a wrecked EVO X and fit it to our car? If someone proves it's possible, then I'm sure scrapyard will be FULL of ralliart owners
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

But that brings an interesting point.... Would it be possible to get the AYC components from a wrecked EVO X and fit it to our car? If someone proves it's possible, then I'm sure scrapyard will be FULL of ralliart owners
no its a totally different rear diff and it would require a lot of fabrication..i put a thread up about an aftermarket 1.5 way diff which i think would be better
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gaabbee
no its a totally different rear diff and it would require a lot of fabrication..i put a thread up about an aftermarket 1.5 way diff which i think would be better
Yes, I saw you thread with the differential for older EVOs. But it does not come with AYC. Oversteer is nice if you want to have some fun in curves. But if what you want is more handling, the EVO X AYC system would be the way to go.

I can't see this project being so complicated. If we get the transfert case, driving shaft, rear-diff, AYC controler, etc... from the EVO X it should be feasible.

Sadly, I'm not skilled and/or tooled enough to attempt this...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zx-319
Yes, I saw you thread with the differential for older EVOs. But it does not come with AYC. Oversteer is nice if you want to have some fun in curves. But if what you want is more handling, the EVO X AYC system would be the way to go.

I can't see this project being so complicated. If we get the transfert case, driving shaft, rear-diff, AYC controler, etc... from the EVO X it should be feasible.

Sadly, I'm not skilled and/or tooled enough to attempt this...

After you spend all of that money on those components and the time to install them you myaswell have just bought an Evo.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kieffer87
After you spend all of that money on those components and the time to install them you myaswell have just bought an Evo.
Yes, you must be right
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

If you floor the gas in auto mode, what RPM does it shift at? Isn't the Ralliart limited to 6500 and Evo is 7000?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

good point with the ayc, didnt think about that till you said something. well maybe the ecu you have will work well, unfortunately still i think ur gonna need a tune or something just to be safe, and id use the s sport all the time, it shouldnt hurt anything at all if the car is supposed to be able to do it the transmission knows its coming, its why its built the way it is. I would say give it time and we will have someone make that feature for our RA's i think it will just take some time and all our RA's will join u in awesome launching heaven
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

hrmm this sound interesting... imma call my connect at socal corp and see what he says about this...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

our car doesnt need either s mode or launch control. The ralliarts in our area continuously have better 60 foot times then any of the mr's or gsrs. we have the ability to better control how much boost we launch with. They dont.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yea your best bet is to get the car tuned by someone who has experienced in the SST. Maybe you should talk to Bryan at GST, he might be able to provide some insight.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
why you didnt get the 5 speed? I would rock that
But still its got to be awesome!
The engine and the TCU doesnt communicate together? If they do, there is any problems , because a different TQ level at a same rpm's and speeds?
Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 10, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Westbound&down
our car doesnt need either s mode or launch control. The ralliarts in our area continuously have better 60 foot times then any of the mr's or gsrs. we have the ability to better control how much boost we launch with. They dont.

this is one of the street driven X GSR 60' foot:

Would you show me a RA has a better 60' ? If there is , that i would like to know . I always like to learn and hear new things.

Rob
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zx-319
I think he might get into more trouble with the MR ECU programs since it's expecting so come backs from the AYC unit. Staying with the Ralliart program seams to be the safest way especially that he did not get any error codes.

im selling or /might/ direct swap it , my complete rear /ayc/ with everything, i even give a spare ayc with it.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 10, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo X SST installed in a Ralliart 09!!!!!