Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X SST installed in a Ralliart 09!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X SST installed in a Ralliart 09!!!!!

Hey all. i have a ralliart stock after alot of hard driving a actually managed to blow my tranny so ofcourse i had to get that changed. after checking with the dealer i found that it would cost me around 8k so started looking for one of a salvage vehicle. i found an evo x tranny for 3k and installed it on my ralliart.

guess what?

i have S-Sport Mode now and it works just fine as far as i know
also found out just today that i also have Launch control. just like the evo x i put the S-Sport mode, turn of ASC step on the brake pedal firmly then rev up it goes straight to 5200rpm then i let go and bang it launches like an evo x would.

so what i want to know is based on the experience of many people here. is there any problem with S-sport mode on a ralliart or launch control keeping in mind that the rpm levels on an evo are different than the ralliart. ive seen launch contol in an evo x before it was smoother than when i did it in my ralliart, cause in the ralliart after the thud theres a 10th of a second kinda lag.

hope someone could give me any sort of information they might have about this kinda swap and the long term side of things.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

wow, that's kinda neat
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

There are no problems with the S-Sport mode or launch control in the RA because no one has it, lol. But this is interesting. What exactly did you swap? Was it jus the housing and the TCU?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:35 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
There are no problems with the S-Sport mode or launch control in the RA because no one has it, lol. But this is interesting. What exactly did you swap? Was it jus the housing and the TCU?
AFAIK the TCU is bolted onto the transmission. The entire thing comes off in 1 piece so it would be pretty much a straight swap. Time for me to start prowling the junk yards for totaled MR's with working transmissions...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xi
AFAIK the TCU is bolted onto the transmission. The entire thing comes off in 1 piece so it would be pretty much a straight swap. Time for me to start prowling the junk yards for totaled MR's with working transmissions...

All the junk yards are going to have hundreds of RA owners crawling over all their wrecked MRs. lol.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chlucero

All the junk yards are going to have hundreds of RA owners crawling over all their wrecked MRs. lol.
3K plus install isn't worth S-Sport and Launch Control
Old Oct 9, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

damn, didn't know theyd be that cheap, good to know. im so scared of breaking my SST
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DaJackson
3K plus install isn't worth S-Sport and Launch Control
it is if your sst is toast along with your warranty...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaabbee
it is if your sst is toast along with your warranty...
A 600hp clutch pack is still cheaper.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:15 PM

A 600hp clutch pack is still cheaper.
^^ True that.
I would rather go with that setup than getting a
transmission from the junkyard
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:54 PM

Ok you guys think its neat, im happy with that but the point is now i am worried that this might have some sort of effect due to the fact that the evo x and the ralliart have different rpm levels, please correct me if i am wrong on this.

and yes the tcu comes stock placed on the gear console so it was a straight swap which at first i was not happy with cause i thought who would put an evo x tranny on a ralliart not holding in mind the fact that there would be new tricks to work with

common you guys i read loads of technical stuff here all the time, i need some thoughts here. is my tranny or anything else gonna blow?, should i not use the launch control? should i not use supersport mode.

what im thinking is when in super sport mode as you all know it raises the rpm, and im worried that might be higher than the engines capabilities. or will the tcu in the tc-sst give directions to the engine for when gears will change?

and by the way the only thing that differs in launch control on my car is that it wont show up on the dash display as it would in an evo x
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by mTEV
^^ True that.
I would rather go with that setup than getting a
transmission from the junkyard
the fact is my tranny was blown and i dont have 8k so i was forced to go with this. but the tranny i bought of an evo x was in mint condition.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ramikaze
the fact is my tranny was blown and i dont have 8k so i was forced to go with this. but the tranny i bought of an evo x was in mint condition.
What was blown about it? Were the clutches bad or did you grenade it in some way that you needed an entire tranny?

As for the possible issues id be concerned that the two systems (TCU and ECU) wont work well together and cause more issues. I'm pretty sure your treading in new territory so I doubt anyone will have much actual evidence on how this works.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:30 AM

What was blown about it? Were the clutches bad or did you grenade it in some way that you needed an entire tranny?

As for the possible issues id be concerned that the two systems (TCU and ECU) wont work well together and cause more issues. I'm pretty sure your treading in new territory so I doubt anyone will have much actual evidence on how this works.
i blew when try lots of hard launches which eventually just took the thing apart mitsubishi didnt want any hand in the issue said that it was miss-use. this was kinda true on my part.

and yes TCU- ECU compatibility is what im worried about. ive been driving the car for a while now about 3 months no problems yet. what i want to know is would there be some kinda map i can flash on this thing.?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ramikaze
i blew when try lots of hard launches which eventually just took the thing apart mitsubishi didnt want any hand in the issue said that it was miss-use. this was kinda true on my part.

and yes TCU- ECU compatibility is what im worried about. ive been driving the car for a while now about 3 months no problems yet. what i want to know is would there be some kinda map i can flash on this thing.?
So it just sounds like you ruined your clutches, why didnt you just buy a new clutch pack?

Quick Reply: Evo X SST installed in a Ralliart 09!!!!!