Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

read

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read

Found this on mitsu's website in the latest news section...
The ACD splits torque up to 50:50 between the front and rear wheels using an electronically controlled hydraulic multi-plate clutch. With input from the S-AWC computer, ACD regulates the differential limiting action to optimize the front/rear wheel torque split. This obviously doesn't reveal what the default power split for cruising conditions is, but I don't think it would ever be 100/0 front/rear. I read somewhere, I don't remember where, that it's 80/20 f/r, and that it will split up to 50/50 f/r. Here is something, although not related, that I did not know until now and that I think is very interesting. To save weight in the tranny, they did this...

The 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR debuts a new 5-speed manual transmission (W5M6A) that provides a higher torque capacity than the 5-speed manual transmission used in the previous-generation Evolution models. The new transmission is also six millimeters shorter than the previous 5-speed and the same as the 6-speed used before.
Enabling higher torque capacity requires greater gear face width, which would then result in to a longer transmission case. To make the room needed without lengthening the case, the W5M6A manual deletes a dedicated Reverse gear. Instead, Reverse is provided by meshing 1st and 3rd gears, with synchromesh used to a synchronize the idler gears that mesh them. ( so all you **** tards that know everything )
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbo4510

Found this on mitsu's website in the latest news section...
The ACD splits torque up to 50:50 between the front and rear wheels using an electronically controlled hydraulic multi-plate clutch. With input from the S-AWC computer, ACD regulates the differential limiting action to optimize the front/rear wheel torque split. This obviously doesn't reveal what the default power split for cruising conditions is, but I don't think it would ever be 100/0 front/rear. I read somewhere, I don't remember where, that it's 80/20 f/r, and that it will split up to 50/50 f/r. Here is something, although not related, that I did not know until now and that I think is very interesting. To save weight in the tranny, they did this...

The 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR debuts a new 5-speed manual transmission (W5M6A) that provides a higher torque capacity than the 5-speed manual transmission used in the previous-generation Evolution models. The new transmission is also six millimeters shorter than the previous 5-speed and the same as the 6-speed used before.
Enabling higher torque capacity requires greater gear face width, which would then result in to a longer transmission case. To make the room needed without lengthening the case, the W5M6A manual deletes a dedicated Reverse gear. Instead, Reverse is provided by meshing 1st and 3rd gears, with synchromesh used to a synchronize the idler gears that mesh them. ( so all you **** tards that know everything )
wat?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 05:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
No - you read:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...everybody.html

Do not start another thread on this (yes that is a warning).