Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart: $32K??????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys, i guess my best bet is to keep paying a bit more $ a month to try to lower the total little by little. Does anyone have a reliable answer as to why lancers dont hold their value compare to a Civic or Corrolla?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 07:17 AM

go try at least 2 more dealerships. dont just deal with 1. get them competing against each other.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why in the hell would anybody buy one of these things? 32k is nuts, and even 30k is too much when you look at what dealerships are selling EVO's for...example:

2010 Evo X GSR Base
MSRP $34,310
Evo X $28,999

2010 Evo X GSR SSS
MSRP $36,510
Socal Evo X $30,599

2010 Evo X MR Base
MSRP $39,710
Socal Evo X $33,699

2010 Evo X MR Touring
MSRP $41,735
Socal Evo X $35,499

EVO X MR TOURING for 35499 and they actually want 32k for a ralliart?? Even if they did go down to 26, an EVO X GSR can still be had for 28k...that's insane.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ODUB
why in the hell would anybody buy one of these things? 32k is nuts, and even 30k is too much when you look at what dealerships are selling EVO's
1) Because people upgrade their Evo X parts and sell them for cheap. So you can EASILY upgrade the RA.

2) Sportbacks look 100x better than the Evo Sedan.

3) To each his own, you may not like it, but maybe he does.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,050 Likes on 763 Posts
why in the hell would anybody buy one of these things? 32k is nuts, and even 30k is too much when you look at what dealerships are selling EVO's for...example:

2010 Evo X GSR Base
MSRP $34,310
Evo X $28,999

2010 Evo X GSR SSS
MSRP $36,510
Socal Evo X $30,599

2010 Evo X MR Base
MSRP $39,710
Socal Evo X $33,699

2010 Evo X MR Touring
MSRP $41,735
Socal Evo X $35,499

EVO X MR TOURING for 35499 and they actually want 32k for a ralliart?? Even if they did go down to 26, an EVO X GSR can still be had for 28k...that's insane.
Yea comparing 32k MSRP for a RA to a normal non MSRP price for a Evo is a fair comparison?

C'mon nobody in their right mind pays MSRP for any car.

My RA Sportback was 31k MSRP but I didn't pay anywhere near that for it. With Recaros and HIDs, which the base Evo doesn't have (HIDs). I also got SST and a hatch back.

You really need to compare prices from RA to MR if you want a fair comparison since they are both SST equipped vehicles. Once you do that, you won't gasp at the price differences, which are no longer close.

Base RA to Base MR is basically a 10k difference.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

32k for a Ralliart is kind of ridiculous for a US msrp... that's what tag is for one here in Canada. Msrp in Canada is always higher than in the US, sometimes over 20% (for reasons I don't fully understand, most likely just because we get screwed by the gov't). This is especially painful now that the Can. dollar is within 2c of the US dollar.
I hope he was at least quoting for the premium pkg... that's $38,500 here. For comparison, the base Evo X gsr here is $42k... while the gsr with handling pkg is $45k and the MR is $52k.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Yea comparing 32k MSRP for a RA to a normal non MSRP price for a Evo is a fair comparison?

C'mon nobody in their right mind pays MSRP for any car.

My RA Sportback was 31k MSRP but I didn't pay anywhere near that for it. With Recaros and HIDs, which the base Evo doesn't have (HIDs). I also got SST and a hatch back.

You really need to compare prices from RA to MR if you want a fair comparison since they are both SST equipped vehicles. Once you do that, you won't gasp at the price differences, which are no longer close.

Base RA to Base MR is basically a 10k difference.

I don't know, I don't shop for ralliarts. I was just going from the numbers posted here. It just seems like a waste to me, unless you really really really want SST and a hatch. I'd rather buy a used EVO IX for the money.

the point I was really getting at though is that you buy the RA, then spend an assload to make it as fast as the EVO and by the time you've done that, you could have bought the EVO, gotten a TBE and a tune, and it would still be faster than the RA with a lot less work. also, the RA will never handle as well as the EVO stock for stock or mod for mod, but if your only concern is straight line speed, then I guess that doesn't matter.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
EvoM Guru

I don't know, I don't shop for ralliarts. I was just going from the numbers posted here. It just seems like a waste to me, unless you really really really want SST and a hatch. I'd rather buy a used EVO IX for the money.

the point I was really getting at though is that you buy the RA, then spend an assload to make it as fast as the EVO and by the time you've done that, you could have bought the EVO, gotten a TBE and a tune, and it would still be faster than the RA with a lot less work. also, the RA will never handle as well as the EVO stock for stock or mod for mod, but if your only concern is straight line speed, then I guess that doesn't matter.
Yes, if you don't know the details or even use enough energy to be accurate, don't try to do a comparison like you did or it will be highly flawed, like it was.

As far as Evo vs RA, different strokes for different folks.

Me, I have both a Evo 8 and a RA Sportback, both on E85. The Sportback is making more power and quicker then a good amount of Evos on this board.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, if you don't know the details or even use enough energy to be accurate, don't try to do a comparison like you did or it will be highly flawed, like it was.

As far as Evo vs RA, different strokes for different folks.

Me, I have both a Evo 8 and a RA Sportback, both on E85. The Sportback is making more power and quicker then a good amount of Evos on this board.
bull**** ***hole, no one likes the tuna here
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:32 PM
EvoM Guru

bull**** ***hole, no one likes the tuna here
huh?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

huh?
random F&F quote, had to do it lol

I was just saying what I personally would do. I personally don't understand why people buy these things because I don't care about storage space or comfort. I read someone's post about it though, and he said he just wanted a DD with *****. that, I can understand...although for the money I'd rather have a Suby WRX...but that's just me.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:41 PM
EvoM Guru

I personally don't understand why people buy these things because I don't care about storage space or comfort.
So basically that means you can't understand why girls like guys because you don't like guys.

Ok, thanks for making that clear, I understand your mentality now. Thank you.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

So basically that means you can't understand why girls like guys because you don't like guys.

Ok, thanks for making that clear, I understand your mentality now. Thank you.
lol that was actually pretty good. I actually lol'ed a bit when I read it. I'm not used to having to think about what I say before I say it on forums because there aren't usually anybody smart enough to get me like that.

well played sir.

I shouldn't have put things in such absolute terms I guess. I do understand that people have different needs than I do for cars, and the RA may suit them better. i guess I should say I don't understand the people that buy the RA, then spend a ton of money to make it as fast as a stock EVO, void the warranty with the mods, and end up spending more than if they had just bought a stock EVO with a warranty.

like the guy who bought the regular lancer gts and spent soooo much money on EVO X interior, wing, different bumpers, wheels, I think he may have even had plans to turbo charge the thing...by the time he did all that, he could have just actually bought an EVO X...I think he finally realized that and sold the GTS.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

the point I was really getting at though is that you buy the RA, then spend an assload to make it as fast as the EVO and by the time you've done that, you could have bought the EVO, gotten a TBE and a tune, and it would still be faster than the RA with a lot less work
This statement is false in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin. Bryan just got done telling you how incredibly cheap it is to get lightly used X parts (turbo, etc). Go look in the For Sale forum, I can buy all the parts for an X swap for WAY less than the $10K disparity (MR not GSR, lets get real this car is ALL about the SST. There are 50 million 5 speed manual cars on the road with 300/hp). I'm the one with the post about wanting a DD with *****; I traded in my Subie for this RA cuz the Subie Tranny is absolute crap (dont get me wrong, I still got love for scoobie, but they desperately need to get with the modern world). You stated you don't want space or comfort. Then you are in the completely wrong forum.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
This statement is false in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin. Bryan just got done telling you how incredibly cheap it is to get lightly used X parts (turbo, etc). Go look in the For Sale forum, I can buy all the parts for an X swap for WAY less than the $10K disparity (MR not GSR, lets get real this car is ALL about the SST. There are 50 million 5 speed manual cars on the road with 300/hp). I'm the one with the post about wanting a DD with *****; I traded in my Subie for this RA cuz the Subie Tranny is absolute crap (dont get me wrong, I still got love for scoobie, but they desperately need to get with the modern world). You stated you don't want space or comfort. Then you are in the completely wrong forum.
well that's the part I was missing...you people actually LIKE the SST and really really want it. I'm not used to that on this forum. I can understand where you're coming from now.

I personally love the SST as well, but i prefer it in the X MR and SE. if and when I pick up an EVO X, it will be an MR.

BUt to recap, no, I'm not too concerned with space and comfort. I'm more concerned with performance, and if it happens to be comfortable, so be it...but it's not a requirement.