Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart: $32K??????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since when are sports cars supposed to be comfortable and spacious.......

most people that are buying the RA are people who don't fully understand the evo differences and/or they don't have the budget for the evo, since the insurance is a bit higher and such and/or they think that the RA is identical to an evo and will do the same things if they mod it the same way.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
You Evo guys need to stop coming in and pointing fingers at RA guys saying they have inferior cars.

You don't see the RA guys going in the Evo threads and pointing fingers at the 90% of Evo owners that have never tracked their Evo.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

most people that are buying the RA are people who don't fully understand the evo differences and/or they don't have the budget for the evo, since the insurance is a bit higher and such and/or they think that the RA is identical to an evo and will do the same things if they mod it the same way.
Yet again, you've got it all wrong. The desire to mod a car has NOTHING to do with wanting an Evo. I didnt mod my Corolla years ago to try and make.....a Supra. We mod (we as in the community of EvoM) because that is what we enjoy. I'd mod a scooter if that was all I could afford to buy. I just happen to have worked hard enough to be able to afford a better car. As for modding Evo parts, as stated, it's because they are plentiful, reliable and cheap. I don't have the express wish of "making a knock-off Evo"; if there were other options for the same or better price, I'd probably buy from them instead. If I wanted a dedicated race/track car, I would have bought one. I wanted a DD with *****; what is so hard to understand about this concept. I love to go snowboarding, drive to Vegas, ect; and I love to drive fast. What better way to do both... TOGETHER. And it doesn't hurt that for $500 in modding I can take on the annoying kid down the block in his STi all day long
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

well that's the part I was missing...you people actually LIKE the SST and really really want it. I'm not used to that on this forum. I can understand where you're coming from now.
Thank you for understanding where it is we are coming from.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
You Evo guys need to stop coming in and pointing fingers at RA guys saying they have inferior cars.

You don't see the RA guys going in the Evo threads and pointing fingers at the 90% of Evo owners that have never tracked their Evo.
or the 80% of them who are slower(in my and razors case) pay high insurance and maintenance, or who haven't sat down and really understood why a lot of people buy the car(RA). Its convenience more then anything. For me, and few others, simple differences like trunk space, lack of SB in evo, and or wanting the SST at a reasonable price were deciding factors. Last time i checked, specifically to your car, mine is 6 years newer, and has the ACD, if i wanted to pay 24,000 Canadian for an old beat up 2003 Evo 8 i would have.

I guarantee alot of the RA owners have just as much money as those with Evo's. The car not the owner is superior, you should remind yourself of that fact more often.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's the internet. No matter what you have, it isn't good enough. I see this on the DSM forums all the time.

Some guy has an NT Eclipse with the 420A engine and wants to mod it, most people tell him he's stupid and it is a waste of time, and that he should have gotten a 4G63T powered car.

Some guy with a 4G63T FWD powered car want's to mod it beyond 250whp - a bunch of AWD owners tell him it's a waste of time and he should trade or do an AWD conversion.

Some guy starts bragging about his AWD Eclipse with around 300-400hp, Evo guys say he's nothing compared to an Evo. Mustang guys say a GT with a supercharger is much better. Supra guys say a N/A MKIV with a NA-T conversion is far superior.

Pretty soon you end up at a Veyron or an NHRA top fuel dragster or F1 car or maybe the space shuttle.

With that said, I would love to own an RA Sportback in addition to what I have now. It would be for my wife primarily - but I want to drive it occasionally and look forward to modding it.

And finally to the OP, trading a car after only one year is going to be tough no matter what. The new car market is so tight right now. Everybody is running rebates and/or 0% financing. Nobody is going to consider a 1 year old car with a few thousand miles when a brand new one is only going to work out to be 30-60 more per month when you consider the fact that you can't get 0% on a used car. So it has to be many thousands less for the dealer to even consider wanting it because he knows he'll never sell it against a 2011 (or leftover new 2010) with great incentives.

Last edited by GPTourer; Dec 22, 2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty soon you end up at a Veyron or an NHRA top fuel dragster or F1 car or maybe the space shuttle.
HAHA, Awesome
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ODUB
I don't know, I don't shop for ralliarts. I was just going from the numbers posted here. It just seems like a waste to me, unless you really really really want SST and a hatch. I'd rather buy a used EVO IX for the money.

the point I was really getting at though is that you buy the RA, then spend an assload to make it as fast as the EVO and by the time you've done that, you could have bought the EVO, gotten a TBE and a tune, and it would still be faster than the RA with a lot less work. also, the RA will never handle as well as the EVO stock for stock or mod for mod, but if your only concern is straight line speed, then I guess that doesn't matter.
Except thats not it at all.

No amount of money can buy a evo sport back, or one with larger trunk space, or one with 60/40 folding seats.

I spent 32k on my ralliart, and have since put what...5k into it. On a leaking wastegate i still run better times then you do, at a high elevation, and can bring home a cute yound chick in my trunk with her 3 friends in the backseat if i want you, you cant.

Infact, there isn't an evo in my area that is faster, including fg green tuned gsr's and others in the 1/4 mile. The fastest RA here is 12.4 @ 109 (6000ft elevation) on the x turbo, while the fastest x is 12.67 @ 110 on an fp green at 3500 ft elevation.

cry the round and round track song all day long, but i spent 37k cnd to out perform 52k evo x MR's. Even with 3-4k in tuning and parts they still dont keep up. so really, 37k>55-56k every day of the week.

Clearly my example is just one area of NA and isnt representative of the whole, but neither is your stupid argument. Is the evo overall better... sure, but its also 15k more for relatively the same PERFORMANCE. For those who want a raw 5 spd the gsr is a no brainer, but not everyone wants that.

Imagine if the RA came with the 5spd the evo does. My god would the story be different. It would be another 4-5 k cheaper, and would slaughter an evo price vs price in a straight line every day of the week.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Westbound&down
Except thats not it at all.

No amount of money can buy a evo sport back, or one with larger trunk space, or one with 60/40 folding seats.

I spent 32k on my ralliart, and have since put what...5k into it. On a leaking wastegate i still run better times then you do, at a high elevation, and can bring home a cute yound chick in my trunk with her 3 friends in the backseat if i want you, you cant.

Infact, there isn't an evo in my area that is faster, including fg green tuned gsr's and others in the 1/4 mile. The fastest RA here is 12.4 @ 109 (6000ft elevation) on the x turbo, while the fastest x is 12.67 @ 110 on an fp green at 3500 ft elevation.

cry the round and round track song all day long, but i spent 37k cnd to out perform 52k evo x MR's. Even with 3-4k in tuning and parts they still dont keep up. so really, 37k>55-56k every day of the week.

Clearly my example is just one area of NA and isnt representative of the whole, but neither is your stupid argument. Is the evo overall better... sure, but its also 15k more for relatively the same PERFORMANCE. For those who want a raw 5 spd the gsr is a no brainer, but not everyone wants that.

Imagine if the RA came with the 5spd the evo does. My god would the story be different. It would be another 4-5 k cheaper, and would slaughter an evo price vs price in a straight line every day of the week.
all of that is wrong lol...for one, I've got a hot young gf, but before here I rolled 5 deep with one girl up front, 3 in the back seat. you don't need a hatch to seat 5...

also, your car isn't anywhere near as fast as mine. I ran faster times than you bone stock. the time in my sig was STOCK, on STOCK clutch @ 70,000 miles. I've since added about 100whp+ to the car. nice try though lol
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
Account Disabled

all of that is wrong lol...for one, I've got a hot young gf, but before here I rolled 5 deep with one girl up front, 3 in the back seat. you don't need a hatch to seat 5...

also, your car isn't anywhere near as fast as mine. I ran faster times than you bone stock. the time in my sig was STOCK, on STOCK clutch @ 70,000 miles. I've since added about 100whp+ to the car. nice try though lol

ive added alot more then 100 whp to my car, but nice try rofl stomp.

And you havent nor will you run better then a 12.4 @ 109 @ 6000ft baton rouge is like 300 ft, do the math wise kid.

The mathematical difference puts it mid elevens. There are guys are sea level with a simple base tune and boost pill running your stock times, with a ****tier power band, and that silly problematic sst, make sure to add that to your ego bank when you make a deposit next.

You have better breaks, and a better suspension. You dont have a better engine, drive train, transmission or driver. The argument is a mute point as you have nothing to show for your "100+ whp" except "Stock" numbers furthering bryans point.

Better your stock numbers by 2.2 seconds like i have. Love to see you try

ohh, and you make what... 340 to the wheels? gee, i make a meesley 325 and 350 torque, you make WAYYYY more then me, bahaha. It will be shameful when i run a 12 flat at 2000 ft next year and you dont come close.

Last edited by Westbound&down; Dec 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

ive added alot more then 100 whp to my car, but nice try rofl stomp.

And you havent nor will you run better then a 12.4 @ 109 @ 6000ft baton rouge is like 300 ft, do the math wise kid.

The mathematical difference puts it mid elevens. There are guys are sea level with a simple base tune and boost pill running your stock times, with a ****tier power band, and that silly problematic sst, make sure to add that to your ego bank when you make a deposit next.

You have better breaks, and a better suspension. You dont have a better engine, drive train, transmission or driver. The argument is a mute point as you have nothing to show for your "100+ whp" except "Stock" numbers furthering bryans point.

Better your stock numbers by 2.2 seconds like i have. Love to see you try

ohh, and you make what... 340 to the wheels? gee, i make a meesley 325 and 350 torque, you make WAYYYY more then me, bahaha. It will be shameful when i run a 12 flat at 2000 ft next year and you dont come close.
I'm actually tuned conservatively right now and putting down 360whp and around 330-340wtq, and my car weighs 3200lbs with a full tank of gas.

also, I've got better BRAKES, and it's a MOOT point.

As for the not having anything but stock times, that's simple to explain. I'm not a drag racer. Never have been, never will be. I just brought the car to the track to prove to people that with me behind the wheel, that car could run 12's. Took me 3 trips to the track, but on the 3rd time, I did it. That was the end of my drag racing career.

my car has seen plenty of track time, and autocross time. I've got the stack of 1st place trophies to prove it. I use my car for it's intended purpose, which is going around corners very fast. I don't care about going fast in a straight line, I don't care about comfort, or storage space, and I'm not afraid of my clutch pedal.

about the only thing we agree on his liking girls, but with your ***** ***, whining typing style, I'm not so sure about you in that area.

Anyway, don't bring driver's into this. All you do is mash the gas and go straight. I would still love to run your car in a straight line, and once the first corner, and gear change/selection came up, I'd being the stomping of the proverbial mud hole in your ***.

That said, I have no problem with the SST transmission, and actually want one. I will most likely buy an EVO X MR, if I don't decide on going with an E92 M3 instead.
I understand why you guys like these things now, all I've said over and over is that I personally wouldn't have made that choice then you want to start talking noise about your car being faster than mine, and having the better driver (in this case the driver that just pushes a pedal and keeps the steering wheel straight is better? lol riiiight)

there's really no way to settle this because you're way over there, and I'm way down here. All I know is that I would stomp a size 14 mud hole in your *** and leave a Nike swoosh stamped on your kidney's if we were ever to race in anything but a straight line, and I'm not convinced that I wouldn't do the same in the 1/4 mile either.

in summary, get off the ralliart's dick. no ralliart with a baseflash, and a boost pill is going to go from running 14 seconds stock, down to the 12's.

also, it's easy to make big improvements over stock when stock sucks so bad lol I could easily make my car go 2 seconds faster than stock in a straight line. there are 10 second EVO's all over the place. that's not my goal. my goal, if I actually had the time to dedicate to racing, would be to make it 2 seconds faster around the local track.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts

but with your ***** ***, whining typing style, I'm not so sure about you in that area.
I'd being the stomping of the proverbial mud hole in your ***.
All I know is that I would stomp a size 14 mud hole in your *** and leave a Nike swoosh stamped on your kidney's
Stay classy OdUb, stay classy...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Stay classy OdUb, stay classy...
I'm doing my best, but the kids these days, and their infinite fanboi'ism tries my patience. It also forces me to create words like fanboi'ism lol

Anyway, I don't have anything against you or the Ralliart, but that little guy is the reason people point fingers at the regular lancer and hate it. it's not the car, it's the drivers.

I know, I know, you're going to point the finger and say that I'm the reason people don't like EVO owners, and maybe to some degree you're right. I'm not bashing the ralliart though, and I've already said that I like the transmission, just wouldn't personally drive the thing, but I understand now why some would.

I'm making progress, but then the fanboi's start with this Ralliart is GOD talk, and it's just hard not to want to stomp a mud hole somewhere.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

There are guys are sea level with a simple base tune and boost pill running your stock times, with a ****tier power band, and that silly problematic sst, make sure to add that to your ego bank when you make a deposit next.

also, please please please explain to me how a car that weighs 300lbs more than mine, with 60 less hp, and about the same deficit in tq, that can't launch as hard is pulling the same times as my car stock with a flash and a boost pill and nothing else?

using GST's numbers, and calculating a 15% drivetrain loss, GST's ralliart made 236whp, 244wtq. 236/.85, 244/.85 gives you about 278hp, 287tq.... my car was rated at 286hp 289tq, and weighs 300lbs less, and can launch harder. so tell me again how this car will run my times? are you counting on a really strong tail wind? lol

we can even be generous and us a 19% drivetrain loss applied to those numbers. 236/.81 244/.81 gives us 291hp 301tq. even then it only comes out to almost exactly EVO X power numbers, but with EVO X weight, with a WORSE launch than the EVO X MR, and we've all seen how the EVO X MR compares to the EVO IX in straight line acceleration.

stop making **** up.

Last edited by ODUB; Dec 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:43 PM
Account Disabled

I'm actually tuned conservatively right now and putting down 360whp and around 330-340wtq, and my car weighs 3200lbs with a full tank of gas.

also, I've got better BRAKES, and it's a MOOT point.

As for the not having anything but stock times, that's simple to explain. I'm not a drag racer. Never have been, never will be. I just brought the car to the track to prove to people that with me behind the wheel, that car could run 12's. Took me 3 trips to the track, but on the 3rd time, I did it. That was the end of my drag racing career.

my car has seen plenty of track time, and autocross time. I've got the stack of 1st place trophies to prove it. I use my car for it's intended purpose, which is going around corners very fast. I don't care about going fast in a straight line, I don't care about comfort, or storage space, and I'm not afraid of my clutch pedal.

about the only thing we agree on his liking girls, but with your ***** ***, whining typing style, I'm not so sure about you in that area.

Anyway, don't bring driver's into this. All you do is mash the gas and go straight. I would still love to run your car in a straight line, and once the first corner, and gear change/selection came up, I'd being the stomping of the proverbial mud hole in your ***.

That said, I have no problem with the SST transmission, and actually want one. I will most likely buy an EVO X MR, if I don't decide on going with an E92 M3 instead.
I understand why you guys like these things now, all I've said over and over is that I personally wouldn't have made that choice then you want to start talking noise about your car being faster than mine, and having the better driver (in this case the driver that just pushes a pedal and keeps the steering wheel straight is better? lol riiiight)

there's really no way to settle this because you're way over there, and I'm way down here. All I know is that I would stomp a size 14 mud hole in your *** and leave a Nike swoosh stamped on your kidney's if we were ever to race in anything but a straight line, and I'm not convinced that I wouldn't do the same in the 1/4 mile either.

in summary, get off the ralliart's dick. no ralliart with a baseflash, and a boost pill is going to go from running 14 seconds stock, down to the 12's.

also, it's easy to make big improvements over stock when stock sucks so bad lol I could easily make my car go 2 seconds faster than stock in a straight line. there are 10 second EVO's all over the place. that's not my goal. my goal, if I actually had the time to dedicate to racing, would be to make it 2 seconds faster around the local track.

how do i mash the gas and go straight? i don't use the auto mode retard.

And clearly your car has seen plenty of track time, just not since you modded it right? with your "Stock" times and all.

Oh and LOOLOLOL at you thinking 360 whp is 100 over stock on a 9 mr. They arent 260 stock unless your using a honda ricer dyno jet.

You keep mouthing off about making left and right hand turns all day, and how sick you are at it, yet you have no numbers or times to back it up, instead all you have is STOCK 1/4 mile numbers and a fat ego holding your stock pedal down through those 13 seconds.

I think its adorable that your 150lb frame is cocky and arrogant online, trying to paint some picture about the type of "man" i am. Very cliche, and pathetic. You bag on me for not being slower in a straight line, trying to think of ways to mock me about it, such as "you just hold the pedal down and go". My bad my car has the technology to shift when is best. However, i dont use auto mode, thanks for the assumption though.

At the end of the day douche wad, you're some autocross nerd, who set his car up for autocross bagging on someone who 1/4 mile guys or daily driver guys who could give a ****. You have a 5 year old car, with a ****ty 6 speed that people love to swap out, and the interior of a hino, you honestly have no room to say **** to anyone.