Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Aftermarket Seats, Recaro, Bride, Sparco?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Seats, Recaro, Bride, Sparco?

OK, ok..

I did the whole search..I only see people swapping out EVO X seats, but no complete answer about which rails/sliders to use.

What seat rails do I need to fit "aftermarket" seats in this car?
Do aftermarket EVOX rails fit? Or do i use OEM EVO X rails?

Any help is appreciated.

PS,
the stock RA seats are crappy. Just did a 600 mile drive, my back is killing me. Out of all the cars I have taken this trip in, these seats killed me.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

^^ lol agreed the oem RA seats sucks in long drive my back also kills me during long drive, but imagine more the racing seats will do to your back not only that, your butt and neck will hurt too..Racing seats are made to hold you during hard cornering and keep you in place with those high bolster... I really doubt it will be comfortable in long drive... But i want a bride racing seats though
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i have done a 2000k drive over 4 days in my RA and it was very comfortable... althought i have the prem package with recaros.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

yeah the recaros are very comfy, the "ra seats" you speak of arent RA seats, but rather base lancer hunks of junk.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

ouch. lancer seats.

i have the recaro package and i find the head rest too straight. i have to lean the seat back just to get the head rest right for me.

when i was at SEMA i really liked the Status seats. Bride low max are nice too. all seats are made differently to fit different people, so you need to try out a few first.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Don't you just replace the rails? I've ordered some seats that comes with rails and I hope there's not much of a hazzle. I just need to know how to disconnect the airbags and heater and there's probably some thread here about it (havn't searced yet).
I bought some on a sale clearance cheap (Two sport seats for ~300$). Not real leather but w/e. If they suck I'll just make office chairs out of em and use them at home
Old Jan 3, 2011, 04:59 PM

I would go for the recaros.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 06:33 PM

I did some research. Sliders are not a problem.

But I need brackets.
Wedge Engineering does not even have an app for the Sportback, but I am sure they are the same as LANCER EVO X or LANCER 09+ Ralliart. not sure which one.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Westbound&down
yeah the recaros are very comfy, the "ra seats" you speak of arent RA seats, but rather base lancer hunks of junk.
Actually the RA seats bolster more then the regular Lancers so they are "RA seats" so to speak.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by boondoc
Actually the RA seats bolster more then the regular Lancers so they are "RA seats" so to speak.
no they arent. and no they arent.

They are found in the GTS leather with leather over then, and other mitsu applications.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

A problem has arrised for me, excluding all the wire stuff that needs to be done.
As I said I ordered some cheap seats and there's no where to attach the part where to you clip the seatbelts (sorry for my english).
So I have got some resistors to fool the car about the seat airbags but I can't attach my seatbelt to anywhere as it is right now.

Any ideas about this are appreciated. If I can't get it installed properly I'll just sell em and get some proper ones later on.

This is how they look: http://www.ridetech.se/Shop/Page/Art...m.php?iId=1061
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Westbound&down
no they arent. and no they arent.

They are found in the GTS leather with leather over then, and other mitsu applications.
Yea they look a bit like sport seats but the corners of them are so soft that it won't hold you like in a sports/race seat.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gloom
A problem has arrised for me, excluding all the wire stuff that needs to be done.
As I said I ordered some cheap seats and there's no where to attach the part where to you clip the seatbelts (sorry for my english).
So I have got some resistors to fool the car about the seat airbags but I can't attach my seatbelt to anywhere as it is right now.

Any ideas about this are appreciated. If I can't get it installed properly I'll just sell em and get some proper ones later on.

This is how they look: http://www.ridetech.se/Shop/Page/Art...m.php?iId=1061

You should attache the seat belt thing to you bracket..
at least that how I see most ppl do it..
search around EvoX forums ... alot of owner replaced their Recaro with lighter Bride/Recaros... the brackets (which are ordered separately) should be model-specific and has a place for the seat belt ..
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

any seat rails specifically made for Evo X should work for RA, or any lancers for that matter. The only thing you need to worry about is if the rails has the width to commadate seats you get, assuming you are mix and matching seats and seat rail brands. I know bride works.