Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any Issues With Your RA so far?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

26,--- miles and no problems. The only thing that bothers me is the TPMS, but that's true for all new cars.
Old Jan 13, 2011 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Problems?? Going too fast and causing 2 accidents and my first speeding tickets... Other than that no problems
Old Jan 13, 2011 | 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

9k starting issues with mine
Old Jan 13, 2011 | 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

No issue with my car runs like a champ
Old Jan 14, 2011 | 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

46k no problems at all evo x turbo 315awhp ams tuned
Believe i have the fastest ralliart to date.
Old Jan 14, 2011 | 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by hotshot1
46k no problems at all evo x turbo 315awhp ams tuned
Believe i have the fastest ralliart to date.
thats the fastest ralliart? doesn't stage 2 get you to that number? there is no one running ams stage 2?

is there no way to strengthen the tranny? the evo has one of the biggest aftermarket support infrastructures of any car in the world. Do upgraded gears and clutches not exist for this car? I really really want to buy one and go stage 2, but transmission woes concern me. If they sst is ****, I'll just buy a manual tranny wrx or something. the only reason i want this car is because I want the sst.
Old Jan 14, 2011 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Ssp makes clutch upgrades for the sst, one for 400 whp and a set o clutch packs for 500whp no problem. There are a lot of threads on it here and on evo x forums dot com

A lot of folks have them and are making a ton if power. Most are making up to 350 Lb torque to the wheels as the limit before upgrade on the MR
Old Jan 14, 2011 | 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by x'ed
thats the fastest ralliart? doesn't stage 2 get you to that number? there is no one running ams stage 2?

is there no way to strengthen the tranny? the evo has one of the biggest aftermarket support infrastructures of any car in the world. Do upgraded gears and clutches not exist for this car? I really really want to buy one and go stage 2, but transmission woes concern me. If they sst is ****, I'll just buy a manual tranny wrx or something. the only reason i want this car is because I want the sst.
the only problem with sst is some people ABUSE IT and dont know how to use it properly it was build as an auto/manual sequential it is best if you shift it by yourself use the paddle shift, i hate it when im driving in street doing 40 mph on 6th gear yes it saves gas mileage but too much is always bad...some evo x mr that has SST done 400+ whp with stock clutch(es) with no problems its all about proper mods and tuned...If your hungry for MORE power go for evo x gsr and you wont be disappointed..wrx (yuck)!!!
Old Jan 15, 2011 | 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

I know I don't have the most hp but I still have the fastest time to date of 12.227
Old Jan 15, 2011 | 02:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by x'ed

ams stage 2 gets you to 240-250 whp. 365 is a crank number they made up for the kit. 25% loss would mean 275 whp is the number ams is preaching for the kit, but they have yet shown a car making it.

You need the evo x turbo, fp green red, or bbx turbo to make more then 270 whp in this car.

I make more power then hot shot, but his proximity to sea level has yeilded him better times.

as for transmission concerns. None of the high 200's low 300's whp ralliarts have had any tranny issues. The issues arise with stock or llightly modded cars with less experienced drivers abusing the transmission. Its not an f1 car, they seem to forget that too often.

Last edited by Westbound&down; Jan 15, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2011 | 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Westbound&down
ams stage 2 gets you to 240-250 whp. 365 is a crank number they made up for the kit. 25% loss would mean 275 whp is the number ams is preaching for the kit, but they have yet shown a car making it.

You need the evo x turbo, fp green red, or bbx turbo to make more then 270 whp in this car.

I make more power then hot shot, but his proximity to sea level has yeilded him better times.

as for transmission concerns. None of the high 200's low 300's whp ralliarts have had any tranny issues. The issues arise with stock or llightly modded cars with less experienced drivers abusing the transmission. Its not an f1 car, they seem to forget that too often.
wow, fp's are pricey turbos. god damnit, why can't someone just make a car the exact way I want it, lol.
Old Jan 16, 2011 | 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

you dont have to go fp, just put in the evo x turbo. you can find them anywhere from 300-500 used
Old Jan 19, 2011 | 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by PCToolsWiki
9k starting issues with mine
Hey! Me too. What problems have you had exactly?

I've just got to 9k miles and have had problems since ~7k. The car will turn over but will not fire up. After 3 or 4 attempts it will fire.
Doesn't matter whether the car is hot or cold or what the weather is like. It's totally random.

I've got my 11k service in March and the garage are going to check for fault codes, but it's such an intermittent problem that I assume it will be difficult to diagnose.
Old Jan 19, 2011 | 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Westbound&down

Abuse as in on sport mode consistently... or abuse as in constantly launching the car hard?
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

I just hit 18,500 miles and my TC-SST is shot.

No mods, no tune, and nearly 6,000 miles of that is highway miles across country on cruise control around 65-70 mph.

I have not tracked the car and do not race the car it is my DD.

A couple of weeks ago the warning (TC-SST) kicked on then went away. NBD, I figured it was a glitch since it disappeared and everything was running fine.

Yesterday I was driving into work and as soon as I got on the highway it kicked down to 2nd gear, I pulled over for a minute, then tried to get back on the highway...same results. I pulled over for a couple more minutes, turned off the car and restarted it, then accelerated very slowly. I did not go WOT the two times it kicked down to 2nd either, though I was in boost, maybe 3/4 throttle.

Basically, it went into limp mode, but I was a little worried because of the warning 2 weeks before.

I took it into the dealership and they said that the clutch packs were burnt out and the fluid was burnt "much more than it should have been for the low miles". They then informed me that they would have to talk to the local Mitsubishi rep. to see if it would be covered under warranty and they would let me know tomorrow.

Today I called them and they assured me that it would be covered under warranty. They said they were going to have a new transmission shipped from Japan and that it would be here within the next 2 week, though they hoped it would be in by the end of this week.

They told me that since the transmission was being replaced I could pick up the car and drive it until the parts came in, then the dealership is going to give me a loaner until the repairs are complete.

Anyway, I picked up the car and they gave me a document with the part numbers and estimated cost of parts, just parts. The new transmission is listed for $10,215.70!!!

I will say this, I am glad I held off on tuning or modding the car (I need a reliable DD). As sure as I am typing this Mitsubishi was ready to try and kill my warranty (or at least not cover this repair) if they had smelled anything funny.

On a side note, if I had modded the car and the repair wasn't covered under warranty there would be no way I would have Mitsubishi replace the transmission. It would have been cheaper to go with a full 600 hp clutch pack with all the extras (cooler, deep pan, DCT seals, filter, fluid) from South Side Performance, even with labor!!! SSP is about 4K for the full setup, figure another 1-2K for labor.

So yeah, bad transmissions are out there. I'm on a fully stock setup and don't abuse the car and my transmission burned out in less than 20,000 miles.

I should have bought the Evo GSR.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Any Issues With Your RA so far?