Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any Issues With Your RA so far?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011 | 10:29 AM

Both foglight lenses cracked after 1k , apparently pretty common, and dealership only sells the entire assembly, which runs 230$ or so
Old Jan 27, 2011 | 12:38 PM

^ - put some lamin-x yellows on for future!

I've had a fully tranny replacement at ~3,000km? "transfer case leak.." or something like that i don't remember..

have random "service tranny" lights come on, then disappear and never return

get the worst fuel milage ever (and no, i don't lead foot it all the time) - just under 300km / full tank of gas (but then i'm not tuned either)

still love the car regardless for now... hahahaha *knock on wood
Old Oct 31, 2011 | 10:26 AM

Got my first ever speeding ticket on the weekend.
I don't blame my RA tho.
Old Oct 31, 2011 | 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kamijitsu
^ - put some lamin-x yellows on for future!
YES!!! This was my first 'mod'! Did it within a week of getting the car. Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2011 | 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

I'm at 32K and Mitsubishi is working on my TC-SST problems. She likes to get stuck in a gear and over rev if pushed, shifts hard and between 2500 and 2000 RPM she vibrates. It's never been abused and only starting doing it after one local dealership cleaned the injectors during my 30K checkup.
Old Nov 1, 2011 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

No issues yet other than a noisy interior :P
Old Nov 1, 2011 | 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

25K miles, stronger than ever (even compared to brand new). Also, makes more noises than ever
Old Nov 1, 2011 | 06:43 PM

I had to get my tranny replaced at 25000 or so miles, but since that i nothing.
Old Nov 1, 2011 | 07:20 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vaqusis
I'm at 32K and Mitsubishi is working on my TC-SST problems. She likes to get stuck in a gear and over rev if pushed, shifts hard and between 2500 and 2000 RPM she vibrates. It's never been abused and only starting doing it after one local dealership cleaned the injectors during my 30K checkup.
What kind of vibration are you getting? Mine has a vibration from around 2600-2800 but then goes away once above 3k, I think it's the motor.

Like the other guy said, it's still running strong as ever and making more sounds than ever too lol.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 02:08 PM

I'm driving a 2011 RA and, I can agree with majority of the feedback here. I feel like the transmission hates me when I try and drive eco and, for some reason the car likes to shift into 6th gear when you hit 60ish km...
I get weird rattle noises when I drive and, my driver side speaker sounds like it's vibrating against the door.
I still love the car but, maybe it's just stuff that needs to be addressed when I take the car into the dealer.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 02:36 PM

We have less then 1k miles on our Ralliart and just today it didn't want to start after sitting for 8 hours. I didn't jump in and just try to start it either. I turned it to ac and plugged in my phone, seat belt and then closed the door and when I tried to turn it on... Nothing. So I waited a little bit longer tried again and still nothing. Did this 4 times before it finally turned on. Idle was above 1.2k after start so I waited for a little until it calmed down and then drove home. First time for everything but I'm a little concerned considering its a new car. Hope it doesn't happen when the wife takes it to work Tommorow.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Be more descriptive than "nothing". Is the engine struggling to start, but won't turn over; is there just a 'click'? Could be you alternator isn't working properly, or the solenoid on your starter needs a 'tap', who knows
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 04:40 PM

2011 RA here and some rattles. The dealership looked at it and found a missing screw on a rear door that fixed one of the rattles. Still have a rattle just behind the instrument cluster in the dash that comes and goes. Of course, it was gone when I dropped it off at the dealership, only to return on the drive home... It's not too bad though.

Sometimes there is a slight burny smell when I exit the car. Might be the breaks, worried it's the clutch, but it's still under warranty. Unmodified; completely stock.

Otherwise, love the car. Got a speeding ticket. 20km over... $125. Fun to drive. At 8K kms now.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snow
Still have a rattle just behind the instrument cluster in the dash that comes and goes.
Grab the plastic housing that surrounds the rear view mirror and see if it stops. I thought my buzzing sound was coming from the dashboard as well, but then realized it was the plastic surrounding the rear view mirror that was making the noise after all!
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:06 PM

Fog lights are toast, and I'm pretty sure if you blew a spitball at my car the paint would chip. Not to mention my dog legs are almost white.

Quick Reply: Any Issues With Your RA so far?