Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any Issues With Your RA so far?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wanamaker
Fog lights are toast, and I'm pretty sure if you blew a spitball at my car the paint would chip. Not to mention my dog legs are almost white.

I've heard about Mitsu's chipping easily, although not sure if true. Uggg I'm looking forward to her first winter, yet worried about rocks and chipping. The entire front end is 3m'd though.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

64k no issues fast as **** and rides smooth.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

the paint is real thin and does chip easily which is the way with almost all mitsubishis at this point.

and it seems im the only whos had this problem: every once in a while i turn the car on and it immediately jsut turns off after startup, like it stalls or something. however, hasnt done it in a while.

but when u talk about bang for ur buck, this car is sick. i love everything about it and it wont dissappoint.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Be more descriptive than "nothing". Is the engine struggling to start, but won't turn over; is there just a 'click'? Could be you alternator isn't working properly, or the solenoid on your starter needs a 'tap', who knows
Ok when I said nothing I ment nothing. Ok be more detailed. Got it. Turn the key and all I hear is crickets. No click no slight rev, "nothing" Thank you for giving me a few things to look at. I love this car as does my wife. I just hope it's nothing major.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

That is a dead battery. What year is the RA? If it's an 09 it's 'possible' that it's time to be replaced (usually have a life of 3 years), otherwise the alternator is not re-charging properly.
If you had said it was clicking but no 'struggle to start' I would have said lightly tap the solenoid of your starter with a hammer (little trick I learned).
Hope it helps

Last edited by sstevojr; Nov 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stevendjen
We have less then 1k miles on our Ralliart and just today it didn't want to start after sitting for 8 hours. I didn't jump in and just try to start it either. I turned it to ac and plugged in my phone, seat belt and then closed the door and when I tried to turn it on... Nothing. So I waited a little bit longer tried again and still nothing. Did this 4 times before it finally turned on. Idle was above 1.2k after start so I waited for a little until it calmed down and then drove home. First time for everything but I'm a little concerned considering its a new car. Hope it doesn't happen when the wife takes it to work Tommorow.
I had this...

...then realised I'd left the transmission in "D" when I'd switched off, and was trying to start it while still in "D"! duh...

Rich
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought a extended warranty good til 99k miles powertrain. Bought the car used with 37k now I'm at 39723 haha idk how I remembered it but it's fine I love it. Makes a shut load of noise tho
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 08:28 AM

Weird. The car stared up just fine for the wife this morning. When she gets home I'll check the battery. Thank you again. I'll have my friend check the alternator later as well
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stevendjen
Weird. The car stared up just fine for the wife this morning. When she gets home I'll check the battery. Thank you again. I'll have my friend check the alternator later as well
dont worry man you have a warrenty!
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by petro
I've heard about Mitsu's chipping easily, although not sure if true. Uggg I'm looking forward to her first winter, yet worried about rocks and chipping. The entire front end is 3m'd though.
Yes it sure does, I've seen them 3M'd as well (mine isn't - Bought used) somehow the rocks get around that, so you then have a defined line of rock chips as opposed to the shotgun spread that I have on the front of mine.
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wanamaker
Yes it sure does, I've seen them 3M'd as well (mine isn't - Bought used) somehow the rocks get around that, so you then have a defined line of rock chips as opposed to the shotgun spread that I have on the front of mine.

Uggg. Alberta sucks ***** for rocks
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm getting the impression the roads are not paved very well?
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 09:39 PM

They are paved well (somewhat) it's just that it gets so cold here that they can't use salt in the winter, so they use sand. So when spring hits, the roads look like a sand box and the inevitable happens.
Not to mention, sometimes it's not sand, it's decent sized pebbles, that's why my windshield has a smiley face in it(rock hit windshield - cracked and spread), and a nice star looking chip.
Old Nov 3, 2011 | 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Actually the roads are in pretty bad condition, but the city (Calgary) spends a lot to keep them decent. There are areas that are garbage though. A major problem here is that during winter the weather can change dramatically with lots of freezing/thawing and extreme cold at times. Gravel is used during winter and ya, there just are always a lot of rocks. It is rare to find a vehicle a couple years old withough a cracked or dinged windshield for example.
Old Nov 4, 2011 | 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by petro
Actually the roads are in pretty bad condition, but the city (Calgary) spends a lot to keep them decent. There are areas that are garbage though. A major problem here is that during winter the weather can change dramatically with lots of freezing/thawing and extreme cold at times. Gravel is used during winter and ya, there just are always a lot of rocks. It is rare to find a vehicle a couple years old withough a cracked or dinged windshield for example.
I take back my comment on being paved well, I just remembered 2 alignments in a year and my drive to work is like a rollercoaster ... Back on topic

Quick Reply: Any Issues With Your RA so far?