Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011 | 07:47 PM

Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome

Hey guys,

So today while I was at work, a co-worker pointed out that I had a small crack on the passenger-side of my bumper. Since I rarely walk past the driver's side, across the front of the car, I was oblivious to this. It had to have happened recently and I don't recall hitting any big bumps or anything that would really cause the damage. It's a small sliver of a crack on the curving part underneath the headlight housing, so it comes to more of a square point now.
I took some pictures when I got home from work, so forgive the darkness. I attached about four or five.
But I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it. It looks like the female piece (the piece on the bottom half of the bumper, that would accept what appears to be two clips) is still intact. So any help on how to access this part without removing too much of the front of the car would be helpful.

-Thanks guys,
Shawniebe
Attached Thumbnails Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome-img_8176-1024x461-.jpg   Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome-img_8177-1024x638-.jpg   Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome-img_8178-1024x738-.jpg   Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome-img_8180-1024x538-.jpg   Damaged Bumper, Suggestions Welcome-img_8179-1024x395-.jpg  

Old Jan 12, 2011 | 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Ditch it and go for an X front end conversion
Old Jan 12, 2011 | 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

i got rear ended last night on the free way... luckily the damage was not too severe... my rear bumper "came out" just similar to urs...

can u push it back it or it wouldnt stay even if you do so?
the plastic piece should be flexible enough to absorb some/most of the impact (assuming uve only been backed into)

you can probably remove just this one side and try to reattach it.. (basically remove half of the bumper)
our bumper should be very similar to this one (if its not exactly the same):
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lustrated.html
Old Jan 12, 2011 | 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Same happened to me to the left front of the bumper. Clicked it back in place but unfortunately it got scratched real bad. Me and my dad fixed it up though with some sand paper and plastic padding stuff.

Last edited by gloom; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Typo