Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Possible future Ralliart owner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where are you located in Maryland? I'm right outside of Baltimore and would be willing to take you for a spin sometime if you want to check out the car.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USAF4life
Hopefully once I buy one I won't have to deal with snow, that will allow me to focus only on the normal wheels and all-season performance tires, then as the year progresses I'll look for smaller wheels and snow tires.
Honestly, you don't need snow tires here in Maryland with this all-wheel drive beast. I actually have high performance all-season tires on my Ralliart and it blasts through pretty much anything with the exception of the occasional "Snowmageddon" like we had last year in this area.....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Experienced advice on this forum recommends this be done at the first oil change and then at least every 30,000 miles
Say what??? I've heard of changing the transmission fluids as early as 15,000 miles, but never at the first oil change! This seems a little premature and somewhat of a waste of money to me....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Honestly, you don't need snow tires here in Maryland with this all-wheel drive beast. I actually have high performance all-season tires on my Ralliart and it blasts through pretty much anything with the exception of the occasional "Snowmageddon" like we had last year in this area.....
True, but I'd like to have another set of wheels to use in winter time as the road salt and possibility of hitting potholes arise. Don't want to damage a nice set of wheels and even all season tires.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
Where are you located in Maryland? I'm right outside of Baltimore and would be willing to take you for a spin sometime if you want to check out the car.
I'm right outside of DC near College Park but commute to my girlfriend's house in Elkridge.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

I'm right outside of DC near College Park but commute to my girlfriend's house in Elkridge.
Alright, well if you're ever gonna be up in the Towson area, send me a message a few days in advance and maybe we can meet up somewhere so you can check out the car.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

What made you choose the RA over the WRX?
Honestly, it was the 0% APR and new car warranty for at least the next couple of years. It actually made no difference to me whether the car was a traditional manual or a paddle shift. I manually control the gears all the time either way. Now, though, my options aren't as limited if someone else needs to drive my car.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:22 PM

Wow... so I've been checking the local dealerships for the past week and I never realized how uncommon this car is to have in stock. I've narrowed it down to a 2010 RA in either Octane Blue or Graphite Gray with the Recaro Sport Package, or a 2011 RA in OB or GG with the Touring Package. Only problem with the Touring Package is it has the lip spoiler instead of the rear deck spoiler, which give the car more of an aggressive look IMO. I guess I could always have one installed later on. I also LOVE the Recaro seats, I sat in two separate EVO's, one that had the leather and one that had the cloth Recaros and they are amazingly nice and comfortable.

This is going to be a battle to get one now...