Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Handling Difference between Ralliart and Evo x

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Handling Difference between Ralliart and Evo x

How great is the handling difference between the Evo x and the Ralliart, I don't really mean stock for stock, I mean if the ralliart was lowered and had the same wheel width and better tires vs a stock evo x, like how much difference does AYC really make
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

As far as i understand its a pretty massive difference. The Evo can pull close to or right on a full G on the skidpad stock... the RA probably wouldn't get close even if you did those things. But your not really comparing apples to apples here either... anything is possible if you have the pockets for it.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

youd have to get some sway bars also
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

1.5way rear diff...pretty much a mechanical ayc. I want to try this out so bad, along with coilovers I think the rallliart could be a beast
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:46 AM

1.5way rear diff?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

lock on accell. partial lock on decell. It's not exactly the same thing. and I think he means he wants that particular differential in his car?

Last edited by stfuad; Jan 31, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stfuad
lock on accell. partial lock on decell. It's not exactly the same thing. and I think he means he wants that particular differential in his car?
that's not even close to the same thing as AYC. AYC doesn't lock up one wheel to get it to turn, it diverts power to that wheel. they may have a similar result, but go about them in an entirely different way. AYC is a much better system. Also, the way you're refering to the locking, it's in a straight line. AYC has nothing to do with the car going straight.

Last edited by ODUB; Jan 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:18 AM

hhhhmmmmm well evo 9's in the U.S. don't have AYC and nobody has ever complained or said the Evo 9's handling was bad, how is the ralliarts handling compared to an Evo 9?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MichaelRalliart
hhhhmmmmm well evo 9's in the U.S. don't have AYC and nobody has ever complained or said the Evo 9's handling was bad, how is the ralliarts handling compared to an Evo 9?
There's a lot more to handling than traction control....

Considering the RA's suspension is close a base Lancer's, and the Evo's (9 included) is not...I'd say there is still a big difference.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Stock RA doesn't even come close. Thats why I have a full-set of BC BR's and F&R 24mm Whitelines that arrived a few days ago. Its about to get serious in my town, haha ;P
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
that's not even close to the same thing as AYC. AYC doesn't lock up one wheel to get it to turn, it diverts power to that wheel. they may have a similar result, but go about them in an entirely different way. AYC is a much better system. Also, the way you're refering to the locking, it's in a straight line. AYC has nothing to do with the car going straight.
I never said it did? I was responding to MichaelRalliart's question.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MichaelRalliart
HAHA nobody has ever complained? Search button is your friend. The evo 9 without AYC was BAD compared to their JDM counter parts.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

This is making me torn about keeping the Ralliart after 2-3 years or getting a evo. Some say the Ralliart will perform nearly as well as the evo with quite minor mods, and some say it's not even close anyway. Confused to say the least. Too much bad info...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:54 PM

This is similar to comparing the WRX to the STI. There is quite a difference. Without spending the money you are going to have a hard time comparing / keeping up in the twisties. I drove my friends RA that had coilovers (not sure the exact make) then got back in my car and there was a noticable difference. On the other hand at least your car is alot more people friendly and more comfortable. My wife complains constantly about the rough ride.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by gloom
This is making me torn about keeping the Ralliart after 2-3 years or getting a evo. Some say the Ralliart will perform nearly as well as the evo with quite minor mods, and some say it's not even close anyway. Confused to say the least. Too much bad info...
Honestly if its financially doable I would go for the Evo. Better starting point and platform. just my 2 pennies

Quick Reply: Handling Difference between Ralliart and Evo x