Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cp-e CBE Exhaust Ralliart !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Welding in a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator to the Midpipe should help alleviate the drone.
Have you had any experience with this Resonator ? Sound / Hp wise ? Does it dilute the overall sound as well ?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silverwar
Have you had any experience with this Resonator ? Sound / Hp wise ? Does it dilute the overall sound as well ?
Yes, I had a turbo-back Skunk 2 exhaust on a previous turboed Scion TC I owned, and the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator cut down the sound and drone significantly. It shouldn't affect the horsepower, because it's a straight through design with no restrictions. Just order it in the same diameter as your exhaust piping.

Last edited by Slee256; Feb 8, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

it's different for other people but when i first got it there was alot of drone and the cheap interior rattles like crazy but i got used to it after a while
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
to be fair, though, everyone should know that i come from a background where everyone owned fox-body mustangs and those were the loudest, loosest cabins invented, imo. so this car is a VAST improvement over that.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

somewhat off-topic, but

recently had a date and as we were finishing dinner she mentioned she got really tired. She fell asleep almost immediately on the ride home, that's when I smiled to myself about the RA (compared to the Evo)

super smooth SST (esp in normal), smooth power curve, comfortable ride, not too noisy (rattles from the cold weather were driving me nuts through this drive though)

now I'm really paranoid about losing any of these aspects. As much as I love power and making a woman grab on for her life, I have a weak spot when I see a pretty woman comfortable enough to fall asleep in that same car without a single complain about noise/stiffness

so now less inclined for this exhaust. Whether it drones or not, it definitely seems loud
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

oh, no worries there. every other week i have to drive from chicago to rockford (~70 miles) and back and while there are three of us in the car, i can assure you that i'm the only one awake.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:02 PM

Here's another quick question, does the evo cp-e sound like the ralliart one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mI0rsadQmg
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

the closest example is the video where the guy taped the camera to the back of the car. lemme see if i can find it
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
the closest example is the video where the guy taped the camera to the back of the car. lemme see if i can find it
I've seen that one but it's a full tbe, this one in the video is a cbe what I'm getting. Was wondering if it sounded the same on a ralliart that's all as it does on a Evo.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

that video is pretty close, but in person its a bit deeper/lower pitch. the problem with most cameras is that they can't pick up the low frequency noise very well without an external mic.

as far as the other video, compared to the tbe, the cbe is just more subdued and a touch quieter without the rasp that comes from removing the catalyst, but you still get that nice deep grumble/growl. also no afterburning with the cat still in place, though it's fun to scare people riding your *** with a little flame and a nice loud pop
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:37 PM

Alright so I finally got my CP-E CBE in and I look through it all and read the items list and they MISSED THE F****** GASKET ! a 4-5 dollar not worth double checking I guess.

Anyways went to the auto store and bought one for 5 bucks, and went on with the install. I wont go into detail since they come with instructions and if you want more info just ask.

Put my car on ramps, took off my exhaust, used WD-40 on the hangers for easier removal. On removal I think that was the hardest part the hangers, since I was lying on cold concrete and wiggling the exhaust with my hands and feet. Would have been fun to watch myself.

Back onto installing the new exhaust, like every other 3inch exhaust I've been reading the heat shield had to be either cut or bent back so the new exhaust is flush with the catalytic converter. So I bent them first and cut the extra off.

While I was tightening one of the Band Clamps that came with the kit, the 3inch clamp, I guess I am too strong for my own good cause I was using a ratchet, with NO pipe or bar attached for extra strength, and over torqued the dam thing and snapped the bolt. So, back to the auto store for a U Clamp, which isn't that good but stronger, and finished my install.

Started my car and double check everything, a few of the connections were leaking, so back under the car and moved some of the clamps around for better sealing. Will check my clamps again in a month or so and see how they are.

And finally after 2 days and 4 hrs or labor, (when I broke the clamp it was late so the stores were closed), I finished my install !

I will post pictures when I am able to take a few pictures, probably in a few days !
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

it's funny that you say that, because i broke one of the clamps too. although i was using an impact gun, being the genius that i am

how are you liking it so far? how about your neighbors? lol.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

does your guys' cp-e hang a little low? it seems like it's hanging a little low
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Silverwar can you post some video clips of your exhaust? Nice Avitar btw. I am a fan of wolverine. Are you a comic collector?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nyczlegacy
does your guys' cp-e hang a little low? it seems like it's hanging a little low
maybe a little? idk, looks good to me, maybe a minor adjustment could help

Quick Reply: Cp-e CBE Exhaust Ralliart !