Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cp-e CBE Exhaust Ralliart !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cp-e CBE Exhaust Ralliart !

Alright I just put in a order for a CP-E CBE Dual Exit. I wanted something louder then DC Sports but something quieter and non droning like the UR. So I hope ( from reading threads here and listening to youtube videos ) that I made the right pick for this is a daily driver and a long cruiser vehicle for me!

Should I get a shop to install it ? or Can I install it myself ?
( I have jack stands, jack and normal garage tools )
Old Feb 7, 2011, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...k-install.html
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Cat Back is a very simple install, might want a can of lube but other than that less than 1 hr.
Post up when your done!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

it drones by the way
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Cat Back is a very simple install, might want a can of lube but other than that less than 1 hr.
Post up when your done!
+1 on posting up pics/vids when you're done

I love the look of this exhaust, I'm on the fence about the sound (the great youtube clip already up almost sounds like a deisel), but mostly it's the price that scares me. Need something to wow me to sell me and make me pull the trigger on an expensive exhaust system
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:17 PM

Pics and Vids are always welcome. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by laksman91
it drones by the way
the CBE drones ? do u have it on ur GSR ?

oh well, i guess i'll have to see how much it drones....
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Exyia
+1 on posting up pics/vids when you're done

I love the look of this exhaust, I'm on the fence about the sound (the great youtube clip already up almost sounds like a deisel), but mostly it's the price that scares me. Need something to wow me to sell me and make me pull the trigger on an expensive exhaust system
There is a 20% off Promotion code right now going on at the website, and yes I'll post pictures but its gonna be awhile ... being shipped here to CANADA
Old Feb 7, 2011, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

whats the code lol
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverwar
There is a 20% off Promotion code right now going on at the website, and yes I'll post pictures but its gonna be awhile ... being shipped here to CANADA
OMG WHY DID YOU TELL ME THAT, I'M TRYING TO STAY ON A BUDGET

haha please post pics/vid/detailed review (including drone levels) immediately!!!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:06 PM

Code is : WINTER
It was on the pop-up when u click the website. I think its random cause I can't get the pop-up anymore...

Anyways I'll post pictures and updates on when I'll get it. But this drone issue it bothering me anyone else confirm drones ?

Edit: I just checked the code, it still works !!

Last edited by silverwar; Feb 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

I had it on my 09 Ralliart. CP-E CBE with CP-E testpipe. My friends always complained about droning,
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welding in a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator to the Midpipe should help alleviate the drone.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
sorry man, i meant to pm back with a full review but got overwhelmed. the cbe by itself has very little to no drone. the biggest thing you'll notice will be the emphasis of the naturally occurring engine vibration around 2200rpm in 5th gear. i ran with just the cat-back on the car for about a month and was VERY pleased with the sound and lack of issues or drone. i soon grew antsy for more, though, and upgraded to the full exhaust. i have a 4 year old who loves my exhaust and i have a full 3" tbe using cp-e's dp and cbe with the ams tp.

here are some observations with the full tbe, the cat-back only option will be much less severe:

on the highway there is a little bit of a drone around 55mph but mostly clears away once you reach 65-70. we can have a normal conversation in the front seat on the highway without issue. i regularly listen to the radio (base crappy non-rockford/fosgate) at volume levels between 20-25 depending on the station and can hear without issue

the rear seat is a little different story. the noise from the exhaust is definitely more noticable and it is much more difficult to carry on a conversation without having to slightly raise your voice at certain rpm's, but still not impossible.

i think you'll be very happy with your purchase. for anyone on the fence, the cpe sounds almost identical to the ur except it has just slightly less rasp in the note and, from my experience, drones much less than the ur reportedly does
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:29 PM

thanks chi-town , I also got antsy and ordered the CBE right after I pm'd you lol

So I just go the invoice and its shipped and waiting on UPS Ground to receive and ship it out. Now its time for the waiting game

Quick Reply: Cp-e CBE Exhaust Ralliart !