Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Door rattling with stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wasn't there a fix for this at the dealers? they would insert a plastic spacer because theres a space between the plastic cover and the door which is causing the rattling?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:08 PM

I have a 2010. My front driver side rattles by the speaker. I found out where though. It's the plastic peice that's part of the cup holder in the door. The plastic sits right next to the housing for the speaker. And I can see a gap. When it rattles, I push the plastic peice in and it seems to stop when I push it in. But once I let go it comes back. I might get some black electrical tape and tape it so it stops rattling. It's like the cup holder peice is a little raised compared to the speaker housing.

And what the F*** is up with the rattle in the dashboard! Every so often i hear it and it's so bad! Help!!! So annoying!!!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralliart909
I have a 2010. My front driver side rattles by the speaker. I found out where though. It's the plastic peice that's part of the cup holder in the door. The plastic sits right next to the housing for the speaker. And I can see a gap. When it rattles, I push the plastic peice in and it seems to stop when I push it in. But once I let go it comes back. I might get some black electrical tape and tape it so it stops rattling. It's like the cup holder peice is a little raised compared to the speaker housing.

And what the F*** is up with the rattle in the dashboard! Every so often i hear it and it's so bad! Help!!! So annoying!!!
Have you isolated where the dash rattle is coming from? Mine is very pronounced somewhere between the dash and pillar on the passenger side. I'm going to remove the glove box and the tan pillar cover and see if I can find it and fix it.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:51 PM

Yea. That's where mine comes from. Like closer to the window. But right side middle. Its so annoying. Going 25mph in 4th gear and it's rattalig so bad I was goig insane. Lol
Old Feb 16, 2011, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
Have you isolated where the dash rattle is coming from? Mine is very pronounced somewhere between the dash and pillar on the passenger side. I'm going to remove the glove box and the tan pillar cover and see if I can find it and fix it.
I had the same noise and thought it was coming from the dashboard too, but then I realized that it was coming from the plastic surrounding the rear view mirror!!!! So, next time you hear it, use your right hand to squeeze the plastic together on the upper and lower sides of your rear view mirror and see if it stops. It stopped for me as soon as I grabbed the mirror and then I was able to fix it for good once I knew it was coming from there!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

^ahh, I'll have to check that out, thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

When its cold out, every once in a while I get a rattle coming from the corner where the driver's side a-pillar, dash and windshield meet. And it's loud. Sometimes it switches it up and makes the sound from the passenger side corner, just to keep me on my toes.