Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ultimate Racing Catback Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i see a lot of people are saying to buy it with the resonator and mini muffler. Im assuming this is louder than the stock exhaust? Anyone have any videos? that would be great!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pbassist12
i see a lot of people are saying to buy it with the resonator and mini muffler. Im assuming this is louder than the stock exhaust? Anyone have any videos? that would be great!
there are many videos on youtube if you search up "ultimate racing ralliart exhaust" however, it is difficult to tell how loud it is just by the video, as it does not capture all the highs and lows of the sound that you would hear in person.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Siyah
If u live in a snow climate area don't buy it. They rust. After one year (Incl. A winter season) I threw my Cat-back exhaust away. The bolts rust, the welds rust. UR exhausts are junk.
Siyah
Can someone else that owns a UR and has driven in a past winter season chime in?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:49 AM

Well I just went through a winter with it and it doesn't seem to have rusted at all. That being said I have a friend who has a subaru wrx and he put on the hks hi power exhaust and the entire exhaust is rusted. He said it was supposed to be stainless steel. I guess in that sense it is possible that it can rust. I'm sure though that Ultimate racing being a canadian company would keep in mind our brutal winters here and all the salt on the roads.

Originally Posted by crankIT
Can someone else that owns a UR and has driven in a past winter season chime in?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been debating between the UR and Borla systems, and while I haven't hear much about the Borla, I've been hearing excellent things about the UR exhaust.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

there are many videos on youtube if you search up "ultimate racing ralliart exhaust" however, it is difficult to tell how loud it is just by the video, as it does not capture all the highs and lows of the sound that you would hear in person.

I know ive seen a lot of them, its hard to tell if they have a straight pipe or resonator, etc.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Both the mini muffler and straight pipe sound the same outside the car, its the inside the gets a change in tone.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:04 PM

it might seem a little loud at first but i noticed they quiet up after like 2 weeks. that and youll get used to it.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have the single exit ur exhaust? I want to hear a sound clip of that.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:56 PM

Iv e been in contact with my local tuner and he will be ordering my UR TBE Monday (3/28/11). I'm ordering a down pipe, high flow metal substrate cat and the dual exit cat back with a resonator on the mid pipe. As soon as it comes in and its installed I will post up some vids on the interior and exterior with my setup.

Hope this helps with your decision!!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Magnaflow Catback and UR High Flow Cat with down pipe. Its not too loud but its noticible. Sounds great.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

really appreciate the feedback everyone, exhaust is one of the hardest decisions to make for a car!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
really appreciate the feedback everyone, exhaust is one of the hardest decisions to make for a car!
Exhaust, suspension, and wheels are my top three hardest things to decide on a vehicle.

Anyway, has anyone here gotten a ticket because of their UR exhaust being too loud?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

opinion question: whats the BEST exhaust system for the new ralliarts and why?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hotkupa have you posted any videos I am interested in hearing that.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Racing Catback Question