Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Considering to buy a 2011 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just spoke with a dealer about ordering a 2011 RA SB with the touring option as nobody has them in stock. He said another option is to purchase the base model in stock and add factory approved leather for 1k and a sunroof for about the same.
The leather is apparently better than what comes in the touring package but i'm worried about leakage in an aftermarket sunroof. I'm going down there to talk about price tomorrow as he can get the car ordered that day for a delivery date of july.
What do you guys think of the 2 options?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neogeo64
I just spoke with a dealer about ordering a 2011 RA SB with the touring option as nobody has them in stock. He said another option is to purchase the base model in stock and add factory approved leather for 1k and a sunroof for about the same.
The leather is apparently better than what comes in the touring package but i'm worried about leakage in an aftermarket sunroof. I'm going down there to talk about price tomorrow as he can get the car ordered that day for a delivery date of july.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are problem free aftermarket sunroofs but an acquaintance added a sunroof, and not a cheap one, to his old civic and it leaked shortly after, so for that reason alone I'd rather get a stock one.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

your dealership is being stupid/lazy

if your dealership doesn't have one with touring in stock, tell them to dealer-trade for one. any competent management staff is able to dealer-trade cars when they have a serious buyer

and you would be losing out on the projector HIDs, heated seats, rockford fosgate, auto rain sensing wipers, 6cd changer. Touring package has tons of value in it, just costs a lot. No way aftermarket leather/sunroof alternatives are worth the cost compared to factory
Old Apr 11, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by majinfajita
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are problem free aftermarket sunroofs but an acquaintance added a sunroof, and not a cheap one, to his old civic and it leaked shortly after, so for that reason alone I'd rather get a stock one.
Yeah, My gut feeling said its a bad idea. Guess I'm just going to have to wait.

Originally Posted by Exyia

if your dealership doesn't have one with touring in stock, tell them to dealer-trade for one. any competent management staff is able to dealer-trade cars when they have a serious buyer

and you would be losing out on the projector HIDs, heated seats, rockford fosgate, auto rain sensing wipers, 6cd changer. Touring package has tons of value in it, just costs a lot. No way aftermarket leather/sunroof alternatives are worth the cost compared to factory
We did check.. nothing in california. Actually there is only 1 in the whole country.. and its a 49 state legal car.. not 50 state legal (stupid california law)

I have been looking for a good month and a half.. I'm just going to half to wait the 3 more.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia

^+1

I had the same probs with my local dealership when RA hunting. Good thing for the one in Louisiana going out the way getting my car to me from Arkansas.

Go hop on Cars.com and you will see there are 88 RA's in the US for sale, a lot @ dealerships.

Once again as already stated, your dealership is lazy and sounds like they would rather clear their lot than sell you the car you want. My suggestion is to tell that dealer to "go f$@! themselves" and find a dealer that appreciates your business.

Just my honest $.02
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

+1!

I waited 2 weeks for mine, well worth the wait.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by omegis
^+1

I had the same probs with my local dealership when RA hunting. Good thing for the one in Louisiana going out the way getting my car to me from Arkansas.

Go hop on Cars.com and you will see there are 88 RA's in the US for sale, a lot @ dealerships.

Once again as already stated, your dealership is lazy and sounds like they would rather clear their lot than sell you the car you want. My suggestion is to tell that dealer to "go f$@! themselves" and find a dealer that appreciates your business.

Just my honest $.02
The dealer seemed to be honest, just telling me my options, he was open to ordering it and pulling any vehicle in california if it existed.

If you search again and type " touring" in that same list it will narrow it down to 1 or 2 cars.. on the east coast.
these cars are 49 state legal not california legal (i wish i was makeing this stuff up).. sucks to live in California sometimes.

Here is a quote from the california dmv site:

Aren't all Vehicles California Certified?
Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California residents or businesses. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-State) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California certified (50-State) vehicles are made to be sold to California residents.

btw ..sorry for highjacking the thread
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Found my RA (S) on Cars.com, in fact I wont have it until April 29th.
2009 AS 11k miles, recaro, fosgate fast key, etc. Can't wait!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

If you search again and type "touring" in that same list it will narrow it down to 1 or 2 cars.. on the east coast.

Touche'

Last edited by omegis; Apr 11, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

The dealer seemed to be honest, just telling me my options, he was open to ordering it and pulling any vehicle in california if it existed.

If you search again and type " touring" in that same list it will narrow it down to 1 or 2 cars.. on the east coast.
these cars are 49 state legal not california legal (i wish i was makeing this stuff up).. sucks to live in California sometimes.

Here is a quote from the california dmv site:

Aren't all Vehicles California Certified?
Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California residents or businesses. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-State) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California certified (50-State) vehicles are made to be sold to California residents.

btw ..sorry for highjacking the thread
oh wow...my mistake forgot about cali emissions laws. why do they have to be so stupidly restrictive and annoying

there should at least be one in the whole state that's incoming though. Even check Pre-Ship status. In the whole state of TX, I think there's still 12 Touring RA's out here. Hard to believe not even 1 in Cali - car market is huge over there

if you really really can't find one though, I wouldn't get the aftermarket leather+sunroof. Just costs too much for so little, and you'll always question the quality against OEM, and hate yourself for paying half the package price for two options
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Put a deposit on the order 2011 WW RA Sportback with touring Pkg.
It should arrive in July as long as the nuclear powerplant stays stable.