Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Considering to buy a 2011 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering to buy a 2011 Ralliart

Hey Guys

Im new to this forum but I work for a Mitsubishi dealer in Canada and I fell in love with the new ralliarts. Im curious to know from you guys that already own them how they are ? what are your favorite things about the ralliart? why did you buy it in the first place ? and would you recommend buying one for myself.

Mike
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hell ya im in Winnipeg and i bought 09 ralliart cause its powerful and fun to drive, not to mention Mits has a good rep for reliablity... i have broken many a car with my driving style(alittle agressive . I currently have 53000km on it and no issues.

From what i have read on here u want to be nice to it during the work in period (Kms vary person to person) but i would give a good 2000km(nice time for first oil change as well) as there has been some ppl with tranny issues but they seem to be from ppl that beat on there cars too soon.

I got the Prem package and love it every day recaros are comfortable

Competition is WRX i tested it and its a bit to soft for me and the seats weren't that great either, although it did have a usb port . As far the power dif WRX has more but i have dragged one on the track and were evenly matched(WRX got me by a nose but i only ran a 14.7) as the SST makes a big dif.

Def recommend but if ur think of evo don't worry to much as the money u save u can personalize ur RA and mod it to the same power level with relative ease

Cheers
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

get it. i love mine more than anything.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:22 PM

I bought my 2011 TB Ralliart on Dec 31st, and couldn't be happier with it. It's fast as Hell...but a great commuter as well! Hope you make the right decision and join a rare community!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:32 PM

i love it. but if your looking for more performance stock, then get like a used evo x. otherwise i love the car. i wish i wouldint have to worry about the tc-sst but i guess thats what you get for modifiing a brand new car. and when i say worry about the tc-sst im talking about the problems that some people have with it.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Its a budget Evo MR without the 50% first gear throttle limiting... this car responds ridiculously well to a tune alone.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'm all about the utility of a hatchback/sportback having owned one previously but wanted some more spirited driving capability, so was considering the "hothatch" niche. A full manual tranny was totally out of the question for me (my wife has not driven her yet, but will surely need to one day), and I liked the idea of having AWD, so that narrowed my choices down to the RA.

Frankly after looking closely at Mitsubishis, I must admit I really like the EVO SE, but even though I have a F250 4x4 diesel truck that can haul a small house if needed, I just really preferred the sportback design over the SE sedan. So for me the RA is a great compromise, love the AWD, love the TC-SST, love the utility of the hatch. She is fun to drive, plenty of HP potential (with a few wise mod options), and IMHO a lot of car for the $$$.

Hope this helps, and best luck with your decision.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:48 PM

Evo X hardware, without the harsh, harsh ride and price, great DD and also that this car always finds a way to thrill me with each drive.. I don't know how it does it, but it does.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:23 PM

I have a 2010 Sportback, just finished a 2,400 mi road trip, with wife and daughter, and all their luggage. Great ride, had no problems, and loved the performance in the mountains.

- Great trunk space
- Performance
- All wheel drive
- Not something you see on every corner
Old Apr 1, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by m1k3yG
Hey Guys

Im new to this forum but I work for a Mitsubishi dealer in Canada and I fell in love with the new ralliarts. Im curious to know from you guys that already own them how they are ? what are your favorite things about the ralliart? why did you buy it in the first place ? and would you recommend buying one for myself.

Mike
Favorite thing - it does absolutely what I ask of it whether it is in the dry or in the snow. If I need to pick up something from Ikea, or pack the skis and snowboards in, the seats fold and this thing is a mountain goat in the mountains.

Why did I buy it - I previously owned an 08 GTI with the dsg and was thoroughly disappointed. Some cars just aren't exciting to drive, others are exciting to drive but it's not just a matter of sheer speed (i.e. my 92 Civic SI hatch weighed only 2300lbs and though old ladies could beat it with their walkers, it was fun and tossable).

I preferred the looks of the RA over the WRX, and straightline speed was not the highest priority, but the behavior of the TC-SST compared to the DSG was night and day, despite its weight it feels tossable and lively and the Recaros really won me over (the WRX seats look sporty but have so little bolstering and feel like seats designed for obese drivers...I'm no lightweight and I feel like I was about to fall out of the WRX seats at any time). Really, it was the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

I was aware of a lot of the little problems (rattles, squeaks, etc.) so I was prepared for them and how a twin-clutch transmission drives and the car is exactly what I expected. (28k kms now, owner since June 30, 2009).
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dem1983
I bought my 2011 TB Ralliart on Dec 31st, and couldn't be happier with it. It's fast as Hell...but a great commuter as well! Hope you make the right decision and join a rare community!!!

Cheers
Wouldn't call it a great commuter because of the poor gas mileage, but if that doesn't scare you off, then it's a great commuter
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:40 AM

does anyone that has a 2011 RA have the one with the sunroof? i just looked on Mitus site, and it says that the touring package now includes a sunroof on the RA
Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iJHolmes
does anyone that has a 2011 RA have the one with the sunroof? i just looked on Mitus site, and it says that the touring package now includes a sunroof on the RA
mine has a sunroof and its a 2011 RA. ask them for it. its an option
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Well i have a 2010 Ralliart Sportback with Navi and Recaro racing seats but i dont have a sunroof. =C
Old Apr 9, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iJHolmes
Yes, the touring package includes a sunroof and leather seats; sadly the recaro seats are no longer available.

Quick Reply: Considering to buy a 2011 Ralliart