Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

nyc exhaust ticket Q

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djeuro
i do have a evo x fmic.. its still hella loud..

thats exactly what i do is manually shift if i pass any
Not sure if this will help, but I'm running a Nesei UICP and evo x stock LICP. I do remember my BOV made an annoying sound when I had the stock rubber Intercooler pipes on, but after the upgrade it really just makes a high flowing of air sound.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Usually, though, it's not the state that gets you for loud exhaust, though unless there's more literature involved that you're not posting up, it looks like you have absolutely no freedom to modify whatsoever within the state of NY. That sucks!

If there is more involved that is just being overlooked or oversimplified, then it's likely going to fall to the municipalities to have their own specified decibel limit that they adhere to in regards to noise pollution, whether it be automotive or otherwise. They're the ones who are gonna getcha! lol.

Im not exactly sure either, I found it on another forum. NY is pretty strict though but we make due!!

Just got my UR TBE installed by NoLimit. When the tech did a lap of the parking to check for rattles it set off a car alarm... LMAO!!! SOOO AWESOME.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aawwww u poor americans, in canada the db is taking from idle not reving... maybe u guys with loud exhausts should look at moving north lol