Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Knock sum

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knock sum

I have searched high and low on this site to try and find a good explanation of Knock sum,knock_adc_processedknock_baseknock_varknock_changeknock_dynamicsknock_flag

I did some logging this evening to see if my boost was in safe parameters. My knock sum was 0 down the charts. My peak boost reached 21.982.

As i scrolled along the chart (after logging with evoscan 2.7) i noticed these other "knock" heading.

Ive found enough info to know 0 knock sum if good. But cannot find a clear explanation of what it is.

If i could get a brief overview of what knock sum is, what it means as numbers increase to 3, 4 or even 5 (IF it does) and how that affects the car?

If someone could share some input OR throw me a link that would be great!

Thank you in advance for any help that is offered.
Old May 9, 2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
I have searched high and low on this site to try and find a good explanation of Knock sum,knock_adc_processedknock_baseknock_varknock_changeknock_dynamicsknock_flag

I did some logging this evening to see if my boost was in safe parameters. My knock sum was 0 down the charts. My peak boost reached 21.982.

As i scrolled along the chart (after logging with evoscan 2.7) i noticed these other "knock" heading.

Ive found enough info to know 0 knock sum if good. But cannot find a clear explanation of what it is.

If i could get a brief overview of what knock sum is, what it means as numbers increase to 3, 4 or even 5 (IF it does) and how that affects the car?

If someone could share some input OR throw me a link that would be great!

Thank you in advance for any help that is offered.
There's a great write-up on knock in the pdf link. I read it today.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...de-please.html