Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Did you have trouble finding a RA?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011 | 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

I had a real hard time finding a new sportback without recaro package... I hated those seats in my X... worst thing about that car, loved them in my VIII.

Eventually I found a new 2010 that had been on the lot for a while way south of my location. It had nav but I got them to remove it for me. There were a couple fully loaded 2011's but If I was gonna spend that kind of money I would have gotten an Evo SE. The place that had the 2011 kept telling me there were only a handfull in the country.. this was about 3 months ago btw.

Southcoast had a bunch of low mileage used Sportbacks and a few new ones... worth a look.
Old May 11, 2011 | 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

I know how you feel Madfast!

I had to order one from Japan with the touring package. will be here in July.

Seems to be the only way to get the touring package on an Sportback. Otherwise you can still get new 2010 models with the recaro pkg and hids here in CA at a few dealerships in LA Area.
Old May 12, 2011 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

When I bought mine in May of last year there was one in a fifty mile radius but luckily for me the dealership was ten minutes from my girlfriends house. Car was fully loaded with Recaro package, only thing I didnt like was that its black but Ive learned to live with it.
Old May 14, 2011 | 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by neogeo64
I know how you feel Madfast!

I had to order one from Japan with the touring package. will be here in July.

Seems to be the only way to get the touring package on an Sportback. Otherwise you can still get new 2010 models with the recaro pkg and hids here in CA at a few dealerships in LA Area.
Hey! When did you order it? about how long is the wait? did the dealer say anything about a delay due to the earthquake disaster? thanks

Last edited by madfast; May 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 14, 2011 | 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

I found mine on accident. Went to look at evos and was like WTF is that!? Never heard of it or seen it. Did my research and went the next day to pick it up. Got lucky. There's not much options out here in the middle if the desert
Old May 15, 2011 | 06:38 AM
Former Sponsor

I think the Evo X Recaros are some of the best seats I've ever experienced. I personally can't stand driving one with the Lancer seats. How big ARE the guys that hate the Recaros?
Old May 15, 2011 | 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

when i bought my 2010 last year i wanted apex silver and the closest one was in texas. my second choice was rotor glow and the closest was wisconsin. the dealer flew a sales man there and they drove it to me in rochester ny. im actually glad i got the rotor glow now. i love the color.
Old May 15, 2011 | 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badchad23
im actually glad i got the rotor glow now. i love the color.
WORD!!! Rotor Glow FTW!
Old May 15, 2011 | 12:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
I think the Evo X Recaros are some of the best seats I've ever experienced. I personally can't stand driving one with the Lancer seats. How big ARE the guys that hate the Recaros?
I agree, I'm glad I snatched up a 2010, the last year to offer Recaros in the RA in the US.
Old May 15, 2011 | 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

5'7 170lbs.. metal side bolster dug into my left thigh every single time i drove the car. Loved the VIII recaros... hated the X recaro's.
Old May 15, 2011 | 02:16 PM

Where I found my RA

I was very specific when I bought my RA in 2010. The dealer I bought the car from (Central Mitsu in MA) only had sportbacks in stock. I wanted a tarmac black sedan and in order to get one, it had to come from Long Island NY. I was hoping to get the Recaro's and navi system, but pickings were very slim at the time. Still, I am very happy with the car but black is so hard to keep clean. In hindsight, graphite gray might have been pretty cool...
Old May 15, 2011 | 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by madfast
Hey! When did you order it? about how long is the wait? did the dealer say anything about a delay due to the earthquake disaster? thanks
No delay. factory south of troubled area. I ordred it mid april and will be ariving july 20 state side. I received an email from mitsu north america stating they face no delays in production.
Old May 15, 2011 | 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I'm about 5'9" and 165 and I just am not a fan of the Recaros in the GSR but the leather wrapped ones in the MR are great. Maybe its the extra cushion offered by the leather, but I can't stand the cloth Recaros, I'd rather keep my base model seats .
Old May 17, 2011 | 04:34 PM

Just bought a '11 Sportback RA with the touring package. Took about a week to hunt down. www.cars.com was the best resource for me.
Old May 18, 2011 | 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nivik23
Just bought a '11 Sportback RA with the touring package. Took about a week to hunt down. www.cars.com was the best resource for me.
Local dealer? or did you have to out of your way to get it? i've been nonchalantly searching for a while now and it just seems like RA's are even more rare than evos... like seriously mitsu, wtf?

Quick Reply: Did you have trouble finding a RA?