Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2012 ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLee
Odd you being in Canada as well. But when I went they said they had just ordered 1 in every colour of the sportback.

My gut tells me your guys are wrong. Dig deeper because I would bet that there will be no Ralliarts for the 2012 year. It has been discontinued...I have been assured of that by more than one person at Mitsu...and from different Mitsu's. These are managers and higher ups.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Ralliart is the 'factory racing' division of Mitsu.. same thing for TRD for Toyota, Mugen for Honda, Nismo for Nissan...

Lancer RA is only using such branding to differentiate from basic Lancer...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:45 AM

Well I hope there is one for 2012. Or else just speant alot of money on a non existent car.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

I work for a Mitsu dealership in Ontario. Ralliart is confirmed for production for 2012. First models will be available in mid-late November. Minor cosmetic changes to the interior.

- New trim replacing the carbon-fiber look pieces
- New soft inserts in the doors
- Aux port deleted due to the fact that it's considered redundant because of the USB port
- Eco mode indicator added, illuminates when car is being driven economically.
- New 18" wheel pattern

No engine, transmission, powertrain or exterior cosmetic differences.

Lancer Ralliart sportback has been discontinued, and the Ralliart motorsports division has been closed. This is where the confusion is coming from. The sportback is gone, but sedan continues for 2012. Ralliart motorsports no longer exists, with the remaining motorsports support (however little) coming from Mitsubishi Motors itself. The Lancer Ralliart takes its name from the motorsports division, but isn't an actual part of it.

Hope this clears up some confusion. By the way, 2012 Ralliarts became available for pre-order recently.

Last edited by SudzRA; Sep 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by SudzRA

Lancer Ralliart sportback has been discontinued
Sweet, I have one rare Ralliart then. Sportback *and* Recaros. Offered for one year only!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Sweet, I have one rare Ralliart then. Sportback *and* Recaros. Offered for one year only!
Maybe not. I have Canadian info only...

Also, discontinuing the sportback is something I've heard from my district sales manager. I tend to believe him, he's never misinformed me before, however I haven't come across a Mitsu internal release that confirms it. All the other info is straight from an Mitsu internal release.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

As far as I know they are continuing to make the Sportback, just not in an RA flavor. For some reason my town has seen a flood of them lately (ok 6, but that's a flood compared to the prior 1, me ), especially odd since the nearest Mitsu dealership is over an hour away. I know some of you East Coast peps talk about driving 4+ hours to buy one; but on SoCal's freeway system (coasting at 80mph) a 1 hr drive can get pretty dang far; let along passing 50+ dealerships along the way.
And to continue with the 'off topic' trend I'm setting here, does anyone else feel....cheaper seeing non RA Sportbacks?? For some reason it really bugs me seeing them driving, like their existence lessens my own, oh well whatever, hahaha!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

clean it up and put it back in the box, tell them you never touched it, and left it on a shelf and just looked at it for years.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
For some reason it really bugs me seeing them driving, like their existence lessens my own, oh well whatever, hahaha!
I'm sure Evo drivers feel the same about RA drivers

If they keep making the SB in GTS-trim, with awd, that should satisfy the majority of buyers looking for a practical awd wagon but didn't want to buy something that looks like a last-gen Madza 3 (Impreza)

I guess the good news is that we all now drive Mitsubishi's halo sports car lol
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
As far as I know they are continuing to make the Sportback, just not in an RA flavor.
Haha yes, this is true. I forgot to mention that part... Sportback production continues. RA Sportback is rumored to be discontinued.

Originally Posted by majinfajita
If they keep making the SB in GTS-trim, with awd, that should satisfy the majority of buyers looking for a practical awd wagon but didn't want to buy something that looks like a last-gen Madza 3 (Impreza)
I hope they build an AWD Sportback. I haven't heard if they will yet. I've only been able to confirm the AWD Lancer SE sedan. Would be nice to get the GT/GTS in AWD as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case as yet.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
clean it up and put it back in the box, tell them you never touched it, and left it on a shelf and just looked at it for years.
Lmao.

Past that, that's for sure.

Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:31 PM

Lmao.

Past that, that's for sure.

Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Well that looks brand new, fresh-out-of-the-box to me...

Ralliart Sportback, Wicked Brown.

Rich
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:36 PM

I want that sweet paint job is that straight off the show room floor???
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

I have the clone car of that with leather recaros and navi :') so much win

Quick Reply: 2012 ralliart