Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CEL but no code¿!¿

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011 | 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [solved]CEL but no code¿!¿

Every so often( never the same amount of time ) after its been raining ill get a CEL either on start-up or just driving normally (not driving hard at all). I connect my laptop and check for the code (tried more than 1 laptop) but there's no code
I dont see anything or hear anything that raises any flags. Anyone know of something i should check?
Here is all the info on car and flash (if more info is need plz ask)
v2.5 GST 91oct boost pill (rear 02 sensor disabled)
UR short ram intake
UR 3in short down-pipe
Evo x inter-cooler
Megan 3in test pipe (02 sensor spacer)

Last edited by Egal44ARock; Apr 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: solved
Old Aug 11, 2011 | 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How old and how many miles? I am at a loss as to why ur not reading anything. What does ur program say(evoscan i imagine).

In the bottom right area of evoscan theres another drop down menu and i have found for some codes i have to change it form sst to evo... something i dont quite remember, im at work.
Old Aug 11, 2011 | 06:45 PM

I have a 2010 ralliart im the first and only owner i have had it for just over a year now. Its about 16000 miles i drive mainly highway due to work being in basically a different town. I tried changing it to evo in evoscan but still no code. i dosnt seem to cause the car to go into limp mode or anything like that. I wouldn't care about it if i knew for sure that its nothing but when the light dose come on its rather annoying plus i dont want to get into the mind set that its ok to have the light on.

Last edited by Egal44ARock; Aug 11, 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 13, 2011 | 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not too sure u may have a bad O2 sensor check out this thread below but i would prob take it to the dealer. I just hope ur dealer is mod friendly ;0 Cheers

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...w-drivers.html
Old Aug 13, 2011 | 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

First rule out that there acutally is no code on the system by using another scanner. Places like Advance Auto do this for free. Stop in when the CEL is on, and ask them to scan it. If another scanner can not pick up the code, then you can start looking at other options.
Old Aug 13, 2011 | 04:15 AM

there are no dealers where i am(Minot ND) and the closest one is more than a few hrs away. Ill have to look for a auto place that will (has the equipment to) check the cel next time its on.

To add to the weirdness of the problem after installing my new BOV i havent got the light to come back on (1 week ago).
Old Aug 13, 2011 | 04:41 AM

Is it the low tire pressure warning? Mine used to go off when it was rainy, I just put a little more air in the tires and it stopped happening.
Old Aug 13, 2011 | 08:26 AM

no its not the tire pressure. my tire pressure is fine its the "service engine soon" light
Old Aug 28, 2011 | 04:45 PM

turned out to be a chafed wire on my o2 sensor taped it up and its good to go. when ever the wire would touch something metal it would short it out for a moment but not long enough to give a code but long enough for the system to think something is wrong.