Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mpg

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr
Your SES light is on
Don't mind me, just poking your button, poke poke....
So is my brake and seatbelt. The car is just keyed on, not running.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, touche
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Guys, you do know the HUD is a average right? You cannot use that to gauge short 70 mile trips like that.

I saw 35mpg on my HUD, on E85, for 60 miles. Does that mean I get 35mpg on E85? No.

I'm going to drive down a hill, off the gas and reset the HUD MPG gauge at the beginning and show you guys I get 55mpg.

That would be hella tight yO!

Seriously, stop posting up HUD MPG averages over short distances and start doing the real full tank average math.
Yes, I realize how it works, which is why I went into detail later in that very same post saying that I actually average around 25mpg tank to tank with mixed city and highway driving where the potential for 35+ on the highway offsets the 18-20ish I see while zipping around town.

I was just using the HUD readings as an example regarding highway-only driving where I see upward of 35+ mpg which is why I reset the HUD at the beginning of my brief trip and used the 70 mile stretch of highway to show my highway cruising only gas mileage example, so it was completely relevant. Doing a 300 mile stint on the highway would still show basically the same results +/- if it was in-fact highway only driving.

Also, it's unfortunate that the odo doesn't show at the same time as the econ. readings, but if you notice the position of my fuel level gauge at the beginning and end of the drive, it is full on both occasions and I promise you I haven't filled up the tank since I left Rockford (though to be honest, it actually clicked down a bar not long after taking that photo, lol). So while the full tank of gas will not last me 437.5 miles (12.5 gal*35mpg) because I did not continue to drive like that until I ran out of gas, for that short period of time, I was definitely seeing a sustained ~35 mpg.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Sep 14, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Guys, you do know the HUD is a average right? You cannot use that to gauge short 70 mile trips like that.

I saw 35mpg on my HUD, on E85, for 60 miles. Does that mean I get 35mpg on E85? No.

I'm going to drive down a hill, off the gas and reset the HUD MPG gauge at the beginning and show you guys I get 55mpg.

That would be hella tight yO!

Seriously, stop posting up HUD MPG averages over short distances and start doing the real full tank average math.

Like this:

207.5 miles driven, on 11.331 gallons of E85 = 18.31mpg

K thanx bye.

Originally Posted by 2muchboost
I just had a new personal best:

I got 332 miles to the tank.
Filled up with 12.5 gallons. That gave me 26.56 MPG (Mostly highway with a little city/canyon driving)
My previous best was only 288 miles to the tank so I'm pretty happy right now.

This was done with UR test pipe, UR catback, UR Upper & LICP, AEM Intake, Evo X Intercooler, & GST stock boost bill, 91 base map

I did mine correct!