Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart's handling?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart's handling?

Hey guys new member here!

Ralliart caught my attention a couple weeks ago not knowing anything about it besides the sexy evo 10 and base lancer. Whats the handling like? I've seen the comparison videos on youtube and recall it being closer or essentially a gts? May be my next potential car test driving it probably next week.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mivecfanatic

Ralliart caught my attention a couple weeks ago not knowing anything about it besides the sexy evo 10 and base lancer. Whats the handling like? I've seen the comparison videos on youtube and recall it being closer or essentially a gts? May be my next potential car test driving it probably next week.

Sorry for being a sarcastic jack *** but go out there and test it for yourself and compare. Or find a friend who has one and ask if you can borrow it but that is highly unlikely gonna happen!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mivecfanatic

It gets pretty good reviews with respect to handling. Youtube Ralliart reviews and there will be plenty of videos discussing such issues. Stock narrow tires impact braking and handling to some extent. I love this car though.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

The RA handles like crap on the stock tires. Upgrade the tires and the Ra becomes competent. Upgrade to coilovers and larger swaybars, and the RA will be a beast in the turns.

So far, I have only upgraded the tires and the rear swaybar, and my RA handles like a dream.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:12 PM

ralliart handling

i really hate the way my '10 handles.it's all over the road on every bump.i've pretty much tried every tire pressure setting.it still sucks.what tires did you go with and what sway bar? this car needs a seroius upgrade somewhere. it feels like it "could" handle good.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donniewn
i really hate the way my '10 handles.it's all over the road on every bump.i've pretty much tried every tire pressure setting.it still sucks.what tires did you go with and what sway bar? this car needs a seroius upgrade somewhere. it feels like it "could" handle good.
Fear not. I will shortly be releasing a new suspension setup for the RA.

(It will more than likely work best with a 22MM rear sway bar.)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:08 AM

I know that upgrading suspension will increase handling but will it decrease comfort and the ability to handle on rougher roads / terrain?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
The RA handles like crap on the stock tires. Upgrade the tires and the Ra becomes competent. Upgrade to coilovers and larger swaybars, and the RA will be a beast in the turns.

So far, I have only upgraded the tires and the rear swaybar, and my RA handles like a dream.

How much are good swaybars for it? And what would you recommend. I could search on here...but I'm lazy haha.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by petro
How much are good swaybars for it? And what would you recommend. I could search on here...but I'm lazy haha.
Based on that comment alone, I shouldn't help you. But I'm in a good mood...

Whiteline.

Want me to tell you what retailer to buy em from and how to pay too? Ah what the hell, I'll just go ahead and pick 'em up for you, no charge, I know you can't be bothered to do any work yourself.... So whats your address for me to send these sway bars to?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bryan9915
I know that upgrading suspension will increase handling but will it decrease comfort and the ability to handle on rougher roads / terrain?
Not significantly. It is probably a good idea to upgrade the stock components, regardless. The springs that I have in development are going to be the stiffest available for the Ralliart. However, you can also opt for Swift springs, which are less stiff by a long shot. You can't go wrong, either way.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

I have Swift Sport springs + 24mm Whiteline rearsway bar + 25.4mm hub centric spacers all around.

Handles AMAZING.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Stock tires in Canada are also Dunlop Sport SP5000, which are average, not too bad. Better than the US cars stock tires.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
Based on that comment alone, I shouldn't help you. But I'm in a good mood...

Whiteline.

Want me to tell you what retailer to buy em from and how to pay too? Ah what the hell, I'll just go ahead and pick 'em up for you, no charge, I know you can't be bothered to do any work yourself.... So whats your address for me to send these sway bars to?

What are you talking about with this "send" nonsense? You mean you're not going to personally deliver them? Fine be like that, but thanks for taking the time to respond. I found the mod list after I posted.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasoob
Stock tires in Canada are also Dunlop Sport SP5000, which are average, not too bad. Better than the US cars stock tires.

I hate those narrow Dunlops that are on our cars. I can't wait to throw my winter tires on and to get new tires in the spring.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

They're okay.

Next year will probably be some 225's at least. I've been looking so far at the:

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Quick Reply: Ralliart's handling?