Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Wanting to Install Remote Start, bypass info?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to Install Remote Start, bypass info?

Hey guys, I'm looking to install a very basic remote start system in my car. Like this for example:

http://www.autostart.ca/prostart/prod-en_CT-3200.php

Now I hear horror stories on other 'newer' cars that expensive bypasses are needed to install higher end units.

Will this be a rather straight forward install?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:42 PM

Good question. Would love to know the same.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:33 PM

I will be installing a astrostart remote start on my 2011 RA either this friday or either monday. I will probably be using bypasskit either DB-All or an xk09 just depends what my shop has on hand for me to use. I'll keep posted how it works i called and asked if the remote start turns off like the factory one does when a door is opened and they said they incorporated a timer if you use the remote start unlock it remains running for 45 seconds until it senses knob turn ignition on.

but like I said i will keep ya posted how it works

Lance
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:57 AM

I got my remote start put in the other day and i already love it compared to my factory remote start for half the cost and triple the range with feedback... glad i didn't have to pay for my factory one since i ordered my car and i specifically told them not to put one on so they footed the 750 bill for that starter. I ended up using the dball bypass kit which was awesome cause it did all the door lock wires, hood pin, tach, trunk latch, park lights and key. i think i actually only had to hook up 6 wires. I was going to take pictures of everything but i was in my old bosses shop and he wanted to get home so I just tried to get it done as fast as i could... took me about 3.5 hours start to finish.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

What remote stater did you purchase?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:02 AM

I installed a astro start 2 way 1 mile range
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you have a spare key with an immobilizer you can tape it up behind the ignition, that will work as a bypass.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:17 PM

You can do that if you don't have a F.A.S.T. key... and even without the fast key I would still recommend a cut module that only activates the spare key when its remote started because I know some vehicles if it senses 2 keys it can immobilize the security in the vehicle... and if I remember right Chrysler vehicles do that and Chrysler and Mitsu seem to have a lot in common with the electrical side of things. But to however you wanna do thats just my opinion on starters
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:23 PM

Dball question

Did u do the wire to wire or the interface cables to the starter?? How easy was the install I'm looking to do the scytek mobile 500 system and they told me that the dball would be the easiest way to do it since you don't have to worry about finding door trigger wires and all the other stuff just basically hook up the dball then plug the alarm to the dball for the doors and remote start is that correct?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jzarz313
Did u do the wire to wire or the interface cables to the starter?? How easy was the install I'm looking to do the scytek mobile 500 system and they told me that the dball would be the easiest way to do it since you don't have to worry about finding door trigger wires and all the other stuff just basically hook up the dball then plug the alarm to the dball for the doors and remote start is that correct?
On the remote starter module that I got it has a D2D port on it so i did not have to wire much on mine i.e. Hood pin, brake wire, Tach wire, trunk pin status, door pin status, door locks, trunk release, ground while running. I did still have to wire in the 12v, Gnd, Ignition, Accessory, Starter and Park lights + to the vehicle from the remote starter module, also had to wire the Tumbler, FT CAN High/Low, and Auto/lamp shut off from the dball module to the vehicle.

Looking at the scytek module I did not see the D2D port so you would just have to wire a few more things in W2W(wire to wire) not in the vehicle just from the remote starter to the DBALL, i.e. Hood pin, brake wire, Tach wire, trunk pin status, door pin status, door locks, trunk release, ground while running.

I need to hook up my parking lights positive wire on my car yet decided i wanted them working all the time, they work at night because of the autolamp feature in the car but they do not run during the day. When i do decide to get around to it I was going to take pictures of the wires and installation but its just been cold and i've been super busy with house projects.

xpresskit.com gives pretty good install guide and location of wires in the vehicle on their website this is the link for the smart key just click on install guide button for the dball,

http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleComp...9&ps=1&s=0&c=0

remember that when you get a dball it needs to be programed for a mitsubishi lancer smart key, and has to be done with a xkloader 2 which usually only authourized dealers will have. I know on ebay they sell them and ask what your vehicle is so that they can download the right program for you when they send it to you

anymore questions feel free to ask

Lance
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:50 PM

Dball

Ok I installed the dball and scytek doing a wire to wire between the two everything works on the locks but the remote start will not , it tries to turn on and tries 3 times but the engine will not turn I'm stumped on this one I ran the wires just like it stated but I can hear the alarm or remote starter clicking and my radio turns on but engine does nothing any help would be truly appreciated
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jzarz313
Ok I installed the dball and scytek doing a wire to wire between the two everything works on the locks but the remote start will not , it tries to turn on and tries 3 times but the engine will not turn I'm stumped on this one I ran the wires just like it stated but I can hear the alarm or remote starter clicking and my radio turns on but engine does nothing any help would be truly appreciated
Well hard to say without actually being there but is there a troubleshooting guide... Like in mine when it fails to start it blinks a trouble code on a led and then refer to manual for how many times it blinks.

Couple things that might cause what's going on...

Did you program the dball module how the instructions said to learn your chiped key?
Remote starter might need programed out of manual transmission mode?
Might have a grounded hood pin switch?
On/off switch?(i know sounds stupid but its got me before get to complacent and skip the obvious)
hope this helps
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:30 PM

Dball

Thanks for the input but I paid 100 bucks to figure it out...... Turns out I needed both red acc wires connected i only had one wire hooked up from the ignition system to the car ...soooo messed up I took it to a shop 14 min later and 100 bucks it was working everything else I did on my own and works fine. I'm almost very proud of myself except for learning an expensive lesson. Thanks to all the ppl who gave me feedback