Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Scangauge II

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scangauge II

I've looked around and no one has much info on the scangauge II (SG2) for the 09+ RA. I see a lot of guys running EvoScan, but this appears to be a computer based logger...I'm looking to monitor real-time boost, trans temp, and play around w/ the performance data, etc.

Is anyone running an SG2? Does it work as their website suggests (e.g. displays boost) or does it not really display the stuff I'm interested in.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

The problem I see with using this product is that you don't hear a lot about it on these forums. So either you'll get something amazing that everyone will want or you'll get a dud and regret going that route and wasting the money.

The easy answer is to go with something that has been proven to work like Evoscan or even the COBB AP. If you want something more real-time and permanent, you could either buy the Evoscan standalone unit or mount a few gauges. I've got an AEM digital boost gauge and AFR gauge mounted behind my steering wheel and if I need to tweak my ECU, I'll make sure I have my computer handy.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by omegis
The problem I see with using this product is that you don't hear a lot about it on these forums. So either you'll get something amazing that everyone will want or you'll get a dud and regret going that route and wasting the money.

The easy answer is to go with something that has been proven to work like Evoscan or even the COBB AP. If you want something more real-time and permanent, you could either buy the Evoscan standalone unit or mount a few gauges. I've got an AEM digital boost gauge and AFR gauge mounted behind my steering wheel and if I need to tweak my ECU, I'll make sure I have my computer handy.
Good point...the Tacoma forum guys love it, but there isn't much mention here...maybe because EvoScan is so much better. I asked for info directly from scangauge, and they said that it "should" display boost, will display various parameters I asked about, but does not display trans temp. Maybe I'll give it a shot and report back here.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by larryde09
I've looked around and no one has much info on the scangauge II (SG2) for the 09+ RA. I see a lot of guys running EvoScan, but this appears to be a computer based logger...I'm looking to monitor real-time boost, trans temp, and play around w/ the performance data, etc.
EvoScan is fullly capable of doing this. I monitor Boost, AFR, coolant temp, trans temp and knock in realtime w/ EvoScan in my RA... Here's a pic of the gauge cluster I made up for it:

you can also have it log to a txt file at the same time for analysis after your runs...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

That pics reminds me of my X-mas wish:
A plug connecting from the OBDII to the AUX/RCA in-put for the MMCS Navi. God if they made something that was plug-n-play I can only imagine the number of units that would be sold
Nice carputer nunyas, I really want to figure out how to put together and mount a nice system like that
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:36 PM

EvoScan is still a computer-based tool, right? It's not a real-time gauge and/or I'd have to have a computer running in the car.

Regardless, I went ahead and bought a scangauge, since it also has the flexibility for my wife's Xterra, my friend's GLI, and any other car I might get in the future. So far it has delivered as expect. For anyone else considering getting one, I can assure you that it does read boost as well as intake temp. Reading instantaneous horsepower and other gauges is pretty neat too. I haven't messed w/ the 0-60mph timer yet though. Not a bad little tool for the price.

Finding a good mounting place for it is the biggest challenge. I have it sitting on the fold-down lid in the center console, but it isn't in my direct line of sight. I really hesitate to stick velcro and crap to my car, so I'm still looking at my options.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

EvoScan is still a computer-based tool, right? It's not a real-time gauge and/or I'd have to have a computer running in the car.

Correct, it's a computer based tool. You'd need a portable/handled computer to use it as real-time gauges.