Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

cant get inspected getting P0137 and P0138 at the same time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant get inspected getting P0137 and P0138 at the same time

hey guys i have a question i ve been trying to get rid of these two codes for some time now i tried diferent o2 spacers even diferent o2 sensors one was not oem my oem one **** the bed i am running catless and im trying to get rid of these codes so i cant inspected do you think its a bad o2 sensor or is it that the sensor is t getting a good flow? thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

i forgot to mention its the rear o2 sensor that causing this problem
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

You need spacers.... Check you got that..

You need a spacer that doesn't have a gooood size hole for the exhaust to easily be read by the Rear 02. You try to double stack the o2?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody
You need spacers.... Check you got that..

You need a spacer that doesn't have a gooood size hole for the exhaust to easily be read by the Rear 02. You try to double stack the o2?
i tried a straight spacer and now i have a 90 degree elbow on the weird thing is that one of the codes is low voltage which would be not enough flow and the other ones the opposite
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:51 PM

Have you tried no spacer I had the same issue tried every spacer out there end up with no spacer o2 is right in the test pipe and no codes for 5months now
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

did you check the wiring? i googled it quick and seems a few people have had the wires shorted out..maybe before the plug since you said you tried different sensors. depending on what spacers youre using you could try spark plug antifoulers from autozone for like 3 bucks. they come in packs of 2 and you drill one out so the bottom of the sensor will fit through it and then stack it into the 2nd one and it reads through the pinhole. thats the way my car runs and i have never had a code for that
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vicq
Have you tried no spacer I had the same issue tried every spacer out there end up with no spacer o2 is right in the test pipe and no codes for 5months now
yea i tried no spacer at all too and nothing changed so im thinking it might be a bad sensor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silverIXMR
did you check the wiring? i googled it quick and seems a few people have had the wires shorted out..maybe before the plug since you said you tried different sensors. depending on what spacers youre using you could try spark plug antifoulers from autozone for like 3 bucks. they come in packs of 2 and you drill one out so the bottom of the sensor will fit through it and then stack it into the 2nd one and it reads through the pinhole. thats the way my car runs and i have never had a code for that
i checked the wiring and everything looked fine both the spacers i tried had the pin hole
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ohm test the sensor across the signal wires, if you have a high AND low voltage code on the same sensor, something isn't right with the o2 sensor system.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Ohm test the sensor across the signal wires, if you have a high AND low voltage code on the same sensor, something isn't right with the o2 sensor system.
ok i try that hopefully this friday when i go back to my local shop and yea im getting both thats the weird part i dont see how you can get both high and low at the same time but i ll try what you said and i ll post here to let you know
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

I have a little chip that you can wire up to the o2 sensor to trick it into thinking its the right voltage. Pm if your interested..its cheap