Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Remote Start OEM or Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neat.

However, I can't see that being good for the transmission if it just shuts off while being shifted, unless it actually doesn't engage the gear before it shuts off.

I'd still buy it.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Called best buy and they said 160-200 for the installation.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:10 AM

I am interested in getting the OEM remote start for my 2011 GTS but I am hearing that there is a "safety" feature when you open the door, the car shuts off. Would it be possible to isolate which wire is checking for this and do something with that wire that would trick it into thinking the door is always closed?

Not sure which wire that would be. I know that an aftermarket unit is better but I'm more interested in the plug n play capability right now. Just was curious if the door sensing wire from the unit could be "tricked". Thoughts?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:24 AM

I got a compustar remote starter (aftermarket) works great!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Si1ent
I got a compustar remote starter (aftermarket) works great!
Even with the FAST key system on the car?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by basicwizz
I am interested in getting the OEM remote start for my 2011 GTS but I am hearing that there is a "safety" feature when you open the door, the car shuts off. Would it be possible to isolate which wire is checking for this and do something with that wire that would trick it into thinking the door is always closed?

Not sure which wire that would be. I know that an aftermarket unit is better but I'm more interested in the plug n play capability right now. Just was curious if the door sensing wire from the unit could be "tricked". Thoughts?

You probably could but say bye to warranty. whats the big deal in restarting your car, its warmed up just start it and go. Im bout the get the OEM Remote start for my MR-T.
The hell with all that splicing the OEM is plug and play and its made for the cars. Not the Aftermarket one where you have to buy all these extra items just so they work right. I called best buy and they quoted me about $750 for a viper alarm system and only $400 was the alarm the rest was install and the other bypass crap. The OEM is about $500 or less and you can do it yourself in about 90mins or less.

Last edited by EXcel4600c; Jan 3, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
You guys do know your car sitting there idling doesn't warm up the transmission whatsoever, right?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
You guys do know your car sitting there idling doesn't warm up the transmission whatsoever, right?
Right, I only warm up my car so I can defrost the windshield and rear window, and to warm the engine up. I take it easy on the transmission when it's really cold out.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by EXcel4600c
You probably could but say bye to warranty. whats the big deal in restarting your car, its warmed up just start it and go. Im bout the get the OEM Remote start for my MR-T.
The hell with all that splicing the OEM is plug and play and its made for the cars. Not the Aftermarket one where you have to buy all these extra items just so they work right. I called best buy and they quoted me about $750 for a viper alarm system and only $400 was the alarm the rest was install and the other bypass crap. The OEM is about $500 or less and you can do it yourself in about 90mins or less.
You're right, it's not a huge deal, like you said just re-start the car and be on my way. Just was more curious if it were possible (honestly I could care less about voiding the warranty, I'm sure I've voided it already lol)

And I agree - OEM is nice, simple plug n play. I do think that's the way I'll go once I save up the money for it.

If I do end up getting it and figure out how to bypass the security measure, I'll let everyone know.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
true but driving on a cold engine is not good. Also i want to maintain the clutches as much as possible and there is a different when the car is warm and cold.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 02:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you guys seen the Smart Start? Its a pretty cool start the car with your cell phone, GPS locator, Set it for Alerts like if your buddy takes your car you get a text if he goes over a certain MPH etc.

-Brian
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pbassist12
true but driving on a cold engine is not good. Also i want to maintain the clutches as much as possible and there is a different when the car is warm and cold.
driving on a cold engine is fine.... FLOGGING a cold engine is not
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nunyas
driving on a cold engine is fine.... FLOGGING a cold engine is not
fine or not the car drive way worse, the shifts are not smooth at all
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:35 AM

09 Lancer ES

I know this is for the 09+ Ralliarts, but considering that these remote start kits work for 2008+ Lancers, could this apply to my ES?

I don't have the FAST key, just the regular buttons on the key to unlock, lock , open trunk and panic..

I searched in the 2008+ Lancer DE,ES, ES Sport, GTS etc.. but I figured posting it here would solve my question, instead of making another thread.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nickrick2641
I know this is for the 09+ Ralliarts, but considering that these remote start kits work for 2008+ Lancers, could this apply to my ES?

I don't have the FAST key, just the regular buttons on the key to unlock, lock , open trunk and panic..

I searched in the 2008+ Lancer DE,ES, ES Sport, GTS etc.. but I figured posting it here would solve my question, instead of making another thread.
The non-FAST key models are much easier to work with, you're open to almost any aftermarket option out there.

Quick Reply: Remote Start OEM or Aftermarket?