Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Remote Start OEM or Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
The non-FAST key models are much easier to work with, you're open to almost any aftermarket option out there.

Oh sweet! though, other than VIPER or Compustar, is there another remote start system that does not require giving up a key? and is reputable or works well with Lancers?

Worst case scenario I'll give up a key.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:10 PM

xpresskit makes a module where you lose no fast keys I installed a astrostart with a db-all bypass kit and has worked awesome
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lawolf
xpresskit makes a module where you lose no fast keys I installed a astrostart with a db-all bypass kit and has worked awesome
did you have to program the kit? can you give us the sku number of the xpresskit?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by E46byeRAhi
did you have to program the kit? can you give us the sku number of the xpresskit?
Yes they need to be programmed vehicle specific... I use to install them so my old shop hooked me up with module and flash... But I looked on eBay and if you type in db-all they sell them on there and you tell them the year make and model and they will flash it for you... Bout $50-$70 but better than losing a key... And than install guides for your vehicle are on xpresskit.com... This car was pretty easy to find all the wires with this module tho does your door locks and key.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:26 PM

I got a 2012 w/ fast key and all the issues has been solved
I got the dealer to install an aftermarket remote start and there are NO issues
I can start the car, unlock with the handle and the car will NOT turn off...I just have to turn the fob to ON otherwise as soon as I hit the brake it turns off.

I have to carry the extra remote to start it remotely but I'll carry it only during winter
The OEM remote still works if the car is started so does the extra one
Old Feb 1, 2012, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by mysticf4c3
I got a 2012 w/ fast key and all the issues has been solved
I got the dealer to install an aftermarket remote start and there are NO issues
I can start the car, unlock with the handle and the car will NOT turn off...I just have to turn the fob to ON otherwise as soon as I hit the brake it turns off.

I have to carry the extra remote to start it remotely but I'll carry it only during winter
The OEM remote still works if the car is started so does the extra one

I have an 09 Ralliart with FAST key and the Compustar RF-P2W901-SS 2 way Remote starter/alarm. You need a bypass module to bypass the FAST key. (either Fortin and iDatalink, I have the idatalink bypass. Google idatalink and you should be able to find the page, which has a searchable bypass for specific cars)

I can also open the doors and the car will stay on. If I don't turn the ignition on BEFORE i step on the brake to shift into gear, the car turns off.

There are many other functions you can set as well. For example, mine is set with a 15 minute timer, so once it remote starts and I haven't gone to my car to drive off... it will turn off on it's own. The remote can also turn off your car if you've already remote started it and decide you don't need to have the car on.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by llno24
I have an 09 Ralliart with FAST key and the Compustar RF-P2W901-SS 2 way Remote starter/alarm. You need a bypass module to bypass the FAST key. (either Fortin and iDatalink, I have the idatalink bypass. Google idatalink and you should be able to find the page, which has a searchable bypass for specific cars)

I can also open the doors and the car will stay on. If I don't turn the ignition on BEFORE i step on the brake to shift into gear, the car turns off.

There are many other functions you can set as well. For example, mine is set with a 15 minute timer, so once it remote starts and I haven't gone to my car to drive off... it will turn off on it's own. The remote can also turn off your car if you've already remote started it and decide you don't need to have the car on.
that was very helpful, thank you! I will be moving into a more urban area soon so I def need to get myself a compustar with 1mi radius
Old Aug 31, 2013, 05:39 AM

Thanks, I am going to look into this system. +1
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

to update, I went with the compustar. no regrets, flawless. good range, and i like that I can check on the car using the key fob screen. no false alarms either