Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car "shutters" ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These shudders or vibrations occur in all gears while engine braking, and sometimes accerating. Ive noticed between 3000rpm and 1800 rpm the problems occurs the most. Gears 6 through 1 the virations occur.

It do not believe it has to do with the sst tables, but rather the internal mechanics of the tranny. The tech at my dealer, as well as, the service manager believe its that too.

I'm still waiting to here back from my dealer on how to approach the next step. I should here from them tuesday.

Last edited by ArtofRalli; Mar 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Good luck. It's a great transmission - when it works!

Rich
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:41 PM

Good luck
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Luck. Hopefully it's a good fix.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

UPDATE!!
I would like to update anyone who has followed this thread. I started back in January, on the 10th, with this matter. It took me nearly 3 months and a long firm, but fair, letter to the mitsubishi head officer in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

The last i posted on here i said i would here back from mitsubishi on tuesday. Well ya right, it took me another 3 weeks to to even get a hold of someone there and once i did all they said was there "waiting for techline to give them an answer".

I decided it was time to go above the local dealer and go to the source. My girlfriend wrote the letter, as I was boiling at this time, and sent it off the head office. Within 5 days I recieved a call saying i was approved. Another 3 days and the tranmission was at my dealer and my car was there. They supplied me with a 2012 Nissan Maxima as a rental (CVT is the absolute worst btw lol.)

The whole procedure took a total of 4 days for them to install it, test it and make sure it was good to go. Ive had the car for several days and it a world of a difference. Night and day. I totally have forgotten what it was like to drive with a well functioning transmission.

The good thing is that this was indeed the problem. Going in to this, they were "sure" this was the problem but not "positive".

Prior to writting the letter to the head office, the Local dealer sent out paper work on my car, i believe it had to do with me ECU to get approval for a new transmission. This is what took a long time, which shouldnt. I have had bryans tunes, but i reflashed back to stock before taking it in.

After a few days of the dealer sending in my information i got a call back stating my CAL ID does not match and my ECU was out of parameters and that i was now under a more indepth investigation. I replied that the only reflash's that have been done was by the local dealer for updates.

Clearly they were trying to get me to confess, but held my ground stating this vehical has not been reflashed. Clearly they could tell something didnt match, but could not confirm it. This may help others in the future.

I would like to note that the tranny also had a gasket leake at 8,000km, they were short almost 750ml of tranny fluid when they serviced it. I found this out while they were diagnosing the problem. This transmission was on its way out form the get go.

I now drive my car with confidence and pride!