Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Gauges vs Evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the Evoscan GPS is that it seems to lend itself to a wiring mess. Between the power adapter, the USB hub, the Tactrix cable, the wideband cable, all the adapters to connect the wideband to the hub, all running to a GPS unit hanging off the windshield. Just seems like it would get messy quickly.

I guess for now I will probably plan on setting up at least boost and AFR gauges, and once Evoscan for Android is a thing I'll look into doing something similar to Exyia's setup, using a cheaper Android tablet.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Exyia
you will still need a wideband gauge/source. evoscan can't read it from the ECU/Tactrix sadly

the fact that you'll need to get a wideband anyway, boost gauges so cheap, and much easier install, most people just get a boost/AFR gauge and call it a day

but just to tease - I use both

hi sir, Where di you get your bezel from? Also, what size tablet is that you have in there. I Have the 10'' windpad, Can you recommend me to somewhere that I can get the bezel like you have to mount my tablet in my dash?