Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA MMCS/Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RA MMCS/Bluetooth Issues

All,

I have an 09 RA with MMCS/Bluetooth. Recently, the bluetooth functionality has not been working and the MMCS is no longer showing the green Phone icon.

Dealer says there is no real way to troubleshoot. was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

Also, separate issue is that the cabin lights will stay on even when the doors are closed. ( they are in the on, on open-door setting). 80% of the time they do this, the other 20% i can play with the lights and they turn off. very frustrating... this just started happening all of the sudden..

Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

the dome lights are on a timer that is triggered after the doors are opened then shut. On my car on "on open-door" setting, the dome lights will stay on for 20 to 30 seconds before dimming to off AFTER closing the door. If I arm the alarm before the dim sequence expires, the lights switch off right away.

For the bluetooth, try pairing a different phone, or try cycling the bluetooth radio on your phone. I have a friend with a 2011 Mustang that drops the phone's bluetooth after driving a few minutes, if the phone's bluetooth is on before the car's. In his situation, turning off bluetooth and then turning it back on in the phone fixes it. With my RA and my phone, I never leave the bluetooth radio on in my phone. I switch it off when I'm not in my car to preserve battery life. When I get in my car, I start the car, and then turn on bluetooth in my phone.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

If that doesn't work, try deleting the phone from your bluetooth system and repairing it.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 PM

I leave my bluetooth on all the time. The very few times the car/iphone has had problems I follow these steps until it is fixed:

1. Turn off bluetooth on the phone, and turn it on again or if it is an iPhone turn on airplane mode, and turn it off.
2. Reboot iPhone
3. Turn the car off & bluetooth off/airplane mode on, then car on, bluetooth on/airplane mode off.
4. Remove phone from car and re-add it.
5. Remove the phone and pair with something else (if you can). Then un-pair and re-pair with car.
6. Reset network settings on iPhone
7. Restore iPhone (I haven't done this one, but I would try it at a last resort).
Old May 11, 2012, 06:28 AM

Just a quick update, Ended up being my Bluetooth module is dead... and for the dome lights, seems as if there was a connection issue in the front dome light as once we cleaned up the contacts and played with it I havent had issues.