Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need help identifying wires behind the MMCS navigation (with RF) for sub amp install.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013 | 04:03 PM

Need help identifying wires behind the MMCS navigation (with RF) for sub amp install.

Hey everyone. I'm sure lots of people have done this before, so I find it incredibly frustrating how hard it is to find an online tutorial

The subwoofer channel on my RF amp seems to be busted, so I am trying to install a second aftermarket RF amp for an aftermarket subwoofer. Something I am sure many people have done willingly, even if the RF sub was working fine. Yet I can't seem to find any proper tutorials for doing this.

I have the sub and power wire all ready to go, with a PAC adapter, but behind my MMCS, the wiring is different than in the only relevant pictures I have seen for an EVO. I'm paranoid to cut the wrong wires here. Are the colour codes different in Canada than the US? Why is my system so different? I just need to figure out which wires to splice into my PAC OEM converter to lead out to my sub amp. So far, all the tutorials I find are unhelpful, every is the opposite of what I am trying to do. It's either someone trying to change the head unit and keep the RF speakers, or install a sub amp to a MMCS without the RF system included, or people upgrading from the most basic stereo.

I need help finding a very clear tutorial or diagram to identify all the speaker wires coming out of a MMCS ==WITH== Rockford Fosgate system. So I can splice the subwoofer wires to my converter and plug in my RCA cable into the converter. Hopefully one that will have the Canadian colour coding... so it will match my system. I'm not sure why this guy's unit had different wiring than mine, in this tutorial... which I can't find at this moment... probably because I really need it right now. (So... damn... frustrated right now).
Old Dec 22, 2013 | 12:25 PM

So no one knows the colour coding behind the MMCS navigation unit of the Ralliart? I just need the 4 wires leading to the subwoofer.