Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Two weird things happened yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two weird things happened yesterday...

After starting the car and driving for a bit, the screen said 'key not detected' for a few seconds and left a warning triangle above the mileage graph. So I grabbed my keys and held them up by the steering wheel and the triangle disappeared. WTF??? And later, on my steering wheel, the 'volume up' button made the volume go down. I tried it several times. After ten minutes it returned to working properly. WTF again???

Other than that everything else has been working just fine. Knock on wood.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
1. Try the other remote/FAST key. Replace the battery in the original if the other key/remote works just fine...

2. If the steering wheel control issue persists - you may need a new clockspring (interconnection between the steering wheel and the wiring harness). Are you still under warranty?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

I am beyond three years but have extended for another seven. Hasn't happened again today but now I'm worried. Thanks for the clockspring info!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
1. Try the other remote/FAST key. Replace the battery in the original if the other key/remote works just fine...

I thought about the remote battery being low but the car started right away, so there's enough battery power to signal the ignition to work but not enough for the car to sense the remote after it started? It would make more sense if the warning was 'remote battery low' or something like that. Anyway, I'll check the batter. Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 06:06 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
^Did you have your cell phone next to, or on top of the key by chance? Same thing happened to me once. Believe it or not it was my cell phone. It'll randomly do it if I have them in the same pocket.