Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Not so nice sound on random start ups

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so nice sound on random start ups

Every once in a while I get this sound when I start my car in the morning, recent work done was the drive belt recall work done at the dealership, guess i'll be taking it back for them to look at it.

View My Video
Old Aug 17, 2015, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My '09 Ralliart does the exact same thing, also quite randomly.

I'm used to other cards having odd startup noises that are more likely to happen under a certain condition - with the car completely cold, or restarting after having driven just a little bit on a short trip, or restarting with the car completely warmed up, but I can't find any reliable pattern for it.

My only guess so far is that it might be the dual clutch transmission un-parking itself from whatever position it goes into when the engine is shut off. It always seems to happen within roughly the same number of seconds after engine start.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:35 PM

Mitsu recently released a fix for this issue. MOre info was posted on Boostedforums but the site seems to be down for w/e reason. However if you check the service bulletin in the link below it has all the info. The files that need to be flashed are also there (for EVO X though), but need to be done either through passthru or a dealer. I'm waiting to get it done personally by a local cause the grinding noise is annoying AF....It's basically the car engaging 5th gear on startup to see if it's working.

Anyway, here ya go
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lU&usp=sharing

P.S. *IMPORTANT*
DO NOT flash the files from that particular link unless you have S-Sport flashed onto your Ralliart. I do which is why that's the only link I have....sorry! Dealer should be able to do it though

Last edited by eh-jhey; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:47 AM

Thanks Eh!

I think i'll call my dealer about this, found another thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...d-startup.html

Guy posts video of the exact same noise, can't hurt to try and have the dealer reprogram the TCU
Old Aug 25, 2015, 03:58 PM

Booked an appointment at the dealer Thursday, they estimate it a 60$ charge, I thought it would be free since it seems like a recall almost.

First thing the service manager asked was if I had modified the TCU for S-Sport or anything else, I haven't and don't really plan to. Will update Friday after a cold start.