Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

LED in hood scoop and interior

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED in hood scoop and interior

So I decided since I have lots of lights left from my light kit I would put one in my hood scoop. It actually turned out pretty cool.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014K...KUL&ref=plSrch
A link to the light I used you get 16 ft so if you wanted to do interior you have enough

The lights come in one strip if you see where I took this pick every so often you will see that line with the 12v r g b. Cut the strip there when you get the size you need. The 12v is + and the r b g is - if you want just 1 color do the 12v as + and the r b g as -(you can mix colors so r and b to be purple if you wanted). Once done run them to the cig lighter on the dash (don't use the one in the center console because it is a constant 12v, meaning the lights will say on if you turn off the car so use the dash cig lighter). Color changing you will need all 12v g b r (they do supply instructions on how to connect. I just did one color so I didn't use all the other stuff and saved it for a different car). The hood light I ran through the scoop and followed the windshield sprayer hose all the way down (zip tip it to it just lightly so not to kink the hoses). Once I got to the engine area I ran the wire to my parking lights and T tap the wire and connected there so now the lights will turn on with my parking lights ( make sure you know what side is positve and what side is negitive)!They come with double sided tape on them I ended up using superglue to keep then in place and has work for 8 months now no issues of it falling off and still light up good. (The hood scoop on my 2012 lancer ralliart has a slot that fits the light perfectly in there)

Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post