Notices

Enkei Racing GTC01 Wheels Question!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enkei Racing GTC01 Wheels Question!

Wondering if anyone knows if these racing rims would be compatible with the TPMS. I ask because of the 2 valves for the stems on this wheel.

Any help would be great thanks!

Link to picture to see the valve stems.
http://www.1010tires.com/images/whee...b_lg_super.jpg
Old May 6, 2010, 12:50 PM

NVM... I found the answer.

They have two valve stems because many will use nitrogen to inflate. The 2nd valve stem is for bleeding to relieve pressure from the tire...
Old May 6, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by llno24
NVM... I found the answer.

They have two valve stems because many will use nitrogen to inflate. The 2nd valve stem is for bleeding to relieve pressure from the tire...
Good information, now is it bad if you have nitro in your "regular" tires, or only if there is too much pressure in the tire. Any suggestions on where I should get nitro put into my tires?
Old May 6, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eusgen
Good information, now is it bad if you have nitro in your "regular" tires, or only if there is too much pressure in the tire. Any suggestions on where I should get nitro put into my tires?
Nitrogen is perfectly fine to put in any tire. Racing teams use 100% nitrogen because it doesn't vary as much when heated, compared to compressed air which is only about 74% nitrogen. As far as putting it in your tires, I wouldn't waste the money. Most places charge $4 or more per tire, and the benefits for street use are few.
Old May 7, 2010, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Nitrogen is perfectly fine to put in any tire. Racing teams use 100% nitrogen because it doesn't vary as much when heated, compared to compressed air which is only about 74% nitrogen. As far as putting it in your tires, I wouldn't waste the money. Most places charge $4 or more per tire, and the benefits for street use are few.
Agreed. The rims are racing rims. You should be able to get nitro at a mitsu dealership or pretty much any tire shop/tuning shop.
Old May 7, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
So the facts about air eating away at sidewalls, etc. are not true? It's just that every time I walk into a mechanic shop I always see fliers with a list of benefits for nitro filled tires. Although I can't even recall them all at this time . I plan on using two sets of rims and tires, one larger 18" set for cruising around town, and stock 15"s for traveling and such. . So some tires might be sitting for a while. Does that matter, how should I take care of my tire?