Notices

Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?

It seems so hard to find a rim that will go well with RG RA's. OB has the gold, WW has the option of white or black, etc.

I think I've found one I like. Whats evom's opinion?

XXR 006 in Copper. I think (haven't seen any pics with car's wearing them) it would look good with RG.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:41 PM

they hot imo
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

IMHO, the copper on the lip might be darker then the RG and will look off. If they match it should look good though but hard to say if they match without seeing them in person 1st. The best color rims for RG would be all black (no colored lips) or gunmetal and some bronze (that are darker and don't have much "gold" to it).
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
IMHO, the copper on the lip might be darker then the RG and will look off. If they match it should look good though but hard to say if they match without seeing them in person 1st. The best color rims for RG would be all black (no colored lips) or gunmetal and some bronze (that are darker and don't have much "gold" to it).
Maybe these will help? These are real life pics:

Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-rmjpr.jpg

Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-bj0ef.jpg

Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-ls3w4.jpg

Opinions now? I really don't like the all black look. It looks like my car has no rims or is floating on round void-spheres. Same reason I don't like black cars or plasti-dip, you can't see any of the details or curves. These seem like they give a good accent.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:28 PM

And here is my crappy photoshop attempt, hoping it will get more opinions. Never bought rims in my life.

Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-fcaip.jpg
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

lowered with tint and some CF stuff it would look tight.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I posted this pic in the rotor glow RA show and shine thread a while back. They seemed like they would match up perfect with the RG and with the black, I think it would look sick, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-axis.jpg  

Last edited by SOG RA; Aug 2, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by SOG RA
I posted this pic in the rotor glow RA show and shine thread a while back. They seemed like they would match up perfect with the RG and with the black, I think it would look sick, what do you think?
Ya I remember reading that, but the accents are red not orange I'm not sure red would go well with rotor glow. Maybe rally red...if it only came in orange I'd be considering it...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I know the color they say it is, is red, but to me it resembles rotor glow much more then it does actual red. Maybe I am color blind or something? Are my eyes really that bad? Well, I dont have any photoshop, all I have is paint, so this rendition is probably one of the absolute worst attempts at "photoshop" ever posted on this site. Haha, at least it gives you an idea how the color would look...kinda. Wow its so bad, but the color looks great I think.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?-crappypaintjob.jpg  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SOG RA
please no, those wheels are ugly.

and the original post the wheels dont look bad but it does look like the matching will be off.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
please no, those wheels are ugly.

and the original post the wheels dont look bad but it does look like the matching will be off.
Ya I suppose I wasn't going for an exact match, because I obviously don't drive a car made of copper...otherwise i'd have the bodyshop color match the RG orange to some wheel's lip.

I thought the copper would look cool as a theme. I'm not sure now that I think about all the little chrome bits like the nose ring and the beltline trim. It might clash there...

Any more opinions?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by defiant2006
Ya I suppose I wasn't going for an exact match, because I obviously don't drive a car made of copper...otherwise i'd have the bodyshop color match the RG orange to some wheel's lip.

I thought the copper would look cool as a theme. I'm not sure now that I think about all the little chrome bits like the nose ring and the beltline trim. It might clash there...

Any more opinions?
go for it! the rims look pretty sweet, imo, plus it's a unique look that i dont think has been done before based on what i've seen around town and around the internet. and even if it's a bit off, the copper is going to reflect everything and change hue depending on the light, so some of it is bound to match at any given time.

if you find that the chrome bits clash once the wheels are on, plasti-dip is a wonderfully cheap and easy solution to the nose-ring and window trim dilemma, plus it's reversible if necessary!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:20 AM

You can't tell from the pics. You would have to have the wheel and the car in the same pic to see how close the colors matched. I'm in the same boat as you and have been considering these since my fake carbon fiber wheels were unamiously booed! I was planning in trying to find a place that had one I could look at in person or worst case order one ...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:27 PM

Found a truck wearing them IRL:

Maybe these too? Bronze lip on black...

Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:20 PM

i dont think mesh wheels look good on our cars IMHO.. but to each their own

Quick Reply: Opinions on rotor glow ra with these rims?