Notices

look what happens to toe with a 1.5" drop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look what happens to toe with a 1.5" drop

Alright everyone, this is nothing new to me, but I figured I would share the information for those that are not aware just how much camber changes can affect toe settings.

Installed my BC RAM's Tuesday Evening. I only lowered the front 1.5" and the rear 1.25". During the install, I left the camber plates set at zero but I took all the slack out of the two bolts that join the strut to the upright. That is to say I lightly snugged the lower bolt, then pushed inward towards the center of the car on the top of the rotor while pulling the bottom of the rotor towards me to get the maximum camber without touching the top hats.

I could tell the camber was about where I wanted it but I could also tell the toe was way off based on steering feel. So, I popped over to GTE yesterday afternoon to get the alignment sorted. Here are the before and after numbers:

Notice the camber was very close to -2* which is what I wanted, but look at the toe on the front 0.41inches per side... total toe in of .82 inches......... That folks is the reason you get an alignment after you lower your car. I would have gone with zero toe in the rear, but since I went up in rear spring rate (8k front 8k rear) we decided to go with a little bit of toe in on the rear.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toe goes crazy positive when you lower anything over 1" lol