Notices

Dunlop SP Signature Review + new pics + quarter mile video

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dunlop SP Signature Review + new pics + quarter mile video

Hey guys,

I just wanted to update everyone on some new tires that I put on the Ralliart about 2,500 miles ago.

They are the Dunlop SP Sport Signature tires. The ones I got were 225/45-18 UHP tires. Heres a link to them on tirerack.com (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes)

I really needed to get them because my belt and cord were starting to show on the stock Yoko's but thats cause they lasted me 30,000 miles lol

So here's my short review

Dry Traction - This is the condition I have been driving these in the most. I took a 300 mile trip to a place outside of Philadelphia and back and they gripped the road great. One thing I will say is my driver confidence rose sharply after getting them installed and they did more than justice in the way performed. I also was driving down the parkway and at 80 mph had to avoid a cone and while it was a strain, the car maintained posture and the tires didnt break loose at all.

Wet Traction - So far, each time I have driven in the rain, I havent lost one bit of faith in the tires. Acceleration does not seem to be discouraged by the water and braking is just another calming factor. I increased speed to a little over 65 on the Black Horse Pike and drove on the water filled road grooves and hydroplaning was resisted very well and the car was able to stay straight.

Snow Traction - When snow comes again.

Road Noise - Seems to be just as quiet or more quiet than the stock tires.

Tread Life - As of now, I can't really give a honest estimate of it but seems good so far. Ill update again in the future.

They are a little bit wider so it looks alot nice from the rear of the car lol.

I also tracked her once with these new tires and they eliminated the small amount of wheelspin I had last Oct although I attribute it to the loss of tread on the stock tires! hehe but I managed my best E/T of 13.07 @ 104 MPH (Video Below)

I also had a custom Magnaflow CBE installed in Jan!!!!

I also platidipped the hood scoop, side markers, and put yellow tint on the fog lights!! ENJOY

SO heres some new pics guys,the quarter mile video, and yeah

Quarter Mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtaehGvSm0

Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Clean indeed.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

thanks man