Notices

Whiteline Rear Camber Kit install - Concerns!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline Rear Camber Kit install - Problem!

Did anyone install the Whiteline Rear Camber Kit? - (KCA329)

I just installed the rear camber kit for my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. I am concerned for this piece, though. The upper control arm that is connected to the bushing assembly is just free floating, not pressed in like the stock ones were. One side is beveled, so the upper control arm can pretty much move freely between this beveled area and the mounting spots (to the car). Am I making sense? I was just wondering if the upper control arm needs to be pressed to the Whiteline camber adjustment assembly. This is pretty time sensitive since this is my daily driven car, and I'm getting an alignment done in a couple days. Thanks everyone.

-Update: May 2nd, 10:34am [Eastern]
I got an email back from Whiteline. They said the bush needs to be pressed into the upper control arm. I can't see how this is possible. If you look at the picture below, you'll see that the bushing bevels thicker to one end, about halfway. The upper control arm just slides in easily up until it hits that beveled section, then it can't move further. So, the control arm is just freely attached to this bushing and can slide around in between there.

I really need other Ralliart owners to post up their findings, when they installed this rear camber kit.

-Update: May 2nd, 8:40pm [Eastern]
I got another email back from Whiteline. They have said I most likely expanded the inner diameter of the upper control arm holes that makes their bushings slip through. So, I guess this was my fault. I didn't properly press out the old bushings, which made the hole bigger. Even by half a millimeter larger, the bushing could slide through. So I either have to buy new upper control arms, and get the bushings pressed out professionally, or permanently attach the Whiteline bush to the upper control arm. I'm going to cry

Last edited by toredefine; May 2, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Take a picture of what you got. I'd assume you have to press the larger end of the bushing into the control arm... Measure it take pictures and report back.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stfuad
Take a picture of what you got. I'd assume you have to press the larger end of the bushing into the control arm... Measure it take pictures and report back.
I'll take pics in a few hours, I'm at work. But Whiteline said that larger end is there so the upper control arm doesn't get pushed in TOO far. It's a marker of how far to press the bushing. The upper control arm needs to be seated in the middle of the bushing is what I gather, and only half the bushing is large, the other half is too small, making it slide around the smaller half.
Old May 2, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Email from Whiteline:

"We have pressed this on our arms and many others with no problems.

We have not had any complaints that the bush was slipping through all though our R+D engineer has said due to the arm being so thin of material about 3-4 mm and only about 10mm ( where it is folded for bush )of the arm contacting the bush that if not supported very well behind the arm keeping it very square behing the hole the OE bush out it could open up the arm hole by even half a mm would leave the new bush loose and easy to push in."
Old May 2, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

here s how i installed mine:
had the control arm out, press the old bushing out from the larger end and press press the new one back in the way it came out , it sits tight no problem!!

take some pics or vids how it sits now , maybe someone here can help!!
Old May 2, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have them on my car aswell but i didn't install them since i didn't have a way of pressing the old ones out/ new ones in. My guy didn't seem to have this problem though
Old May 3, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I just pressed them out wrong. And when I say wrong, I mean that I didn't press them out as straight as I should have. I'm taking out my upper control arms and getting the bush tac welded onto them. I can always buy new upper control arms later, I just need to do something that works for right now.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:00 PM

Alright, the real question here is:

For the people that installed these bushings. Did you press out the sleeve it self, or just the rubber bushing inside the sleeve?

Answering that properly will clear up the installation of this product.

I'm asking this as I was one of the people that assisted toredefine in the installation of all his items this past weekend.

Last edited by benit0; May 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old May 3, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by benit0
Alright, the real question here is:

For the people that installed these bushings. Did you press out the sleeve it self, or just the rubber bushing inside the sleeve?

Answering that properly will clear up the installation of this product.

I'm asking this as I was one of the people that assisted toredefine in the installation of all his items this past weekend.
sleeve and bushing both came out