Notices

Forge MBC vs Boost pill

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forge MBC vs Boost pill

Just wondering if MBC will provide the same effect as a boost pill in controlling boost in relation to SST limitations for torque? Debating sell off my brand new Forge MBC or keep it?
Old May 29, 2009, 12:57 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gibby860
Just wondering if MBC will provide the same effect as a boost pill in controlling boost in relation to SST limitations for torque? Debating sell off my brand new Forge MBC or keep it?

MBC's don't work well with our cars because of the behavior of the TC-SST.
When MBC's are used with these trannys it is prone to boost spikes.
Old May 30, 2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by babiesdadies
MBC's don't work well with our cars because of the behavior of the TC-SST.
When MBC's are used with these trannys it is prone to boost spikes.

Quoting the exact thing the AMS online store has to say about their boost pill versus a manual/electronic boost controller?

Granted they may be correct, I am not an expert, but $500 for a boost pill+tune (requiring that your ECU be sent to them) seems a little too expensive at this point.

I will probably wait for a possible release of a Cobb AccessPORT for the Ralliart vs something that will require a re-tune(resending ECU) for every new modification made.

But for 50hp, 500 bucks isn't that bad.
Old May 30, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

If you buy the tactrix cable you can buy the flash from ams and flash it yourself (and back to stock anytime you want) and even change the flash yourself.

What other mod can you do for DOUBLE the price that will get you even HALF the added power? It's a very noticeable difference. Pulls much harder. Also retunes are only$200 i believe. If you want some extra pop you're not gonna beat a tune/pill for the price.
Originally Posted by StateOfTheArt
Granted they may be correct, I am not an expert, but $500 for a boost pill+tune (requiring that your ECU be sent to them) seems a little too expensive at this point.

I will probably wait for a possible release of a Cobb AccessPORT for the Ralliart vs something that will require a re-tune(resending ECU) for every new modification made.

But for 50hp, 500 bucks isn't that bad.
Old May 31, 2009, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Drows
If you buy the tactrix cable you can buy the flash from ams and flash it yourself (and back to stock anytime you want) and even change the flash yourself.

What other mod can you do for DOUBLE the price that will get you even HALF the added power? It's a very noticeable difference. Pulls much harder. Also retunes are only$200 i believe. If you want some extra pop you're not gonna beat a tune/pill for the price.
The words about the reflash being the most bang for your buck are the truth. The tantrix cable is just if you're a do it yourself type. Some people aren't into that type of thing.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

ok $500 for a proven tune vs a cheap way..easy to wreak the motor. cars are expensive leave the tuning to the tuners