Notices

DONE: AMS Reflash & Boost Pill!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DONE: AMS Reflash & Boost Pill!

Yes, finally.

I was able to add some seriousness to my flimsy Ralliart.

AMS Reflash plus Boost Pill. The installation was a biotch cause I had some trouble reaching to the back of the Turbo to get the tiny hose holding the pill out of there!

All I can say is WOW. Really, WOW. Impressed with how different the car feels. Now I really get that grin and keep it for a while

Thanks to the guys at AMS for the help.

By the way, the car has been running super fine since I installed it (about 6 hours ago) up until I got a Service Engine light (a bit after I pushed the car a bit in Sport mode + auto shifting for about 4-5 minutes).... i turned off the car and about 30 mins later, the Service Engine light is still there... Will it go off or do I have to do the battery unhook thing.... and what did I do wrong, what could be wrong?

I'm assuming im prolly leaking thru the vacuum because it was a pain in the *** to remove the small piece of hose cause of the clamps but once i put it back it seems a little loose and the small clips arent holding as tight as they were at first..

i hope i dont have to send my ECU back .... that's going to be a pain in the butt
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

if you have a vacuum leak you should be able to hear it ...

maybe it will go away after some miles are put on it if there isnt anything wrong.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Get a code reader and find out what the check engine light code is. Then we can help.

The light won't go off by itself.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah the light is off now; It did go off automatically;

And the car feels as good as it was yesterday; Plus I checked the vac hose and it seems to have tighten up real hard (back to how it was)!

Oddly, it seems as if I was hearing a weird noise besides the turbo spool so I thought it would've been a leak; but when I went on to check the around the vac and like I said the hose seems to have tighten up; went inside the car, turned it back on and there, no SES light.

LOL

But I am REALLY freaking impressed of the gains! And I'm doing 3 more miles per galon on normal/old lady mode driving!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

I've had their flash for about 3 weeks now, and I'm still impressed with that car. I've never had a light come on yet. The pull is much better when you get on the gas now. It's a very noticeable upgrade. I recommend getting it if you want some more oomph out of your RA.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drows
I've had their flash for about 3 weeks now, and I'm still impressed with that car. I've never had a light come on yet. The pull is much better when you get on the gas now. It's a very noticeable upgrade. I recommend getting it if you want some more oomph out of your RA.
I really think I pushed the car too much yesterday and didn't give it time to assimilate the changes; but now the light is gone and its running like a pro. I can really feel that torque now
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

if it went away by itself...it will most likely come back.
You may be having some over boost probs.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
if it went away by itself...it will most likely come back.
You may be having some over boost probs.
yes i'll wait for it to come back then i'll do some readings
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

i have a obd reader if you need it
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JONralli09
i have a obd reader if you need it
Thanks bro; I already went to Advance and it's a P1235 error code or "Air Fuel Meter Sensor" I have to talk with the guys at AMS tomorrow and see if they can help; maybe they tuned my ECU in a RA with intake? cause I'm completely stock!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had the same code on mine with the intake, I uploaded a new map ams sent me their mobile laptop. I was the frist to get there mobile laptop, uploaded the new map and after the upload the ses came on but I called ams and talked to chris black, he said to go get the codes cleared and to take an easy on the car because it might have to learn. Its been 5 days now and no problesm did a wot run up to 60mph and no ses.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
I had the same code on mine with the intake, I uploaded a new map ams sent me their mobile laptop. I was the frist to get there mobile laptop, uploaded the new map and after the upload the ses came on but I called ams and talked to chris black, he said to go get the codes cleared and to take an easy on the car because it might have to learn. Its been 5 days now and no problesm did a wot run up to 60mph and no ses.
I have to talk to chris again, I'm having issues with that SES, not like it's doing anything bad to the car, besides making it run on low pressure which I sometimes have to park to the side of the road, turn off the engine and then turn it back on so the car can run fine again....

Let's see if they can do the same for me, I definitvely can't stay without a car these days
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:59 PM

i have the same code p1235
Old Jun 28, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
no cels or ses yet after i recived the mobil laptop with a p1235 fix on it
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
no cels or ses yet after i recived the mobil laptop with a p1235 fix on it
nice; I just ran the car at a local dyno (machines gone wild) and it's doing exactly what AMS said it'd do at the wheels; sweet

I wanna get the p1235 fix but i don't want it to change what im making at the wheels right now I like the numbers, it's like a stock evo

Quick Reply: DONE: AMS Reflash & Boost Pill!