Notices

Broke Down - Started Modding already

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke Down - Started Modding already

So I bought my RA as a Daily Driver.... Yeah, it's way to quiet for my taste. I bought the UR Short Ram Intake and got it installed yesterday.
I've also been working with a local shop for a custom exhaust - will post pics later on the Exhaust progress.

Installed the UR Short Ram yesterday. WOW, I like it.

Pic:

Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice install! Looks good.

I've got the mod bug slowly working its way around...I don't know how long I'll be able to last! lol.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I was thinking of buying that short ram... give us some feedback!
nice setup!

post pics of ur ride btw
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

get a tune!!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IdriveRA
get a tune!!
thats also on my list!
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:09 AM

4 inch anyone

Just kidding, they have a shop car that's getting the 4" and we just put it up for ****s and Giggles.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
Nice install! Looks good.

I've got the mod bug slowly working its way around...I don't know how long I'll be able to last! lol.

Dude, let's compare some notes. We can go shop around, do some research and help eachother out. I might be wanting to do some small stuff to my RA as well.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:18 AM

As Far as Feedback on the UR Short Ram, Let’s go back to the beginning a little bit. So I buy this RA, and I like it a lot, my buddy has an SRT-4 and he was following me when I took it up to the Parents house to show them. HOLY **** these things run rich from the factory. All I saw in the Rearview, when we got on the Highway was a huge cloud of black smoke and his now dim headlights. Fast forward to the other day, with the Intake installed, drove it around a bit, nicely and not really beating on it. Impressed with the fact that I can actually HEAR the turbo spool and Hear the BOV. It's nice to have a Turbo car that you can actually "Hear" what is going on. So I get on it a little and was surprised, it felt like it was actually spooling a bit faster and felt like it had a little more "***" to it. So I decided to get a second opinion, I have one of the owners of the Shop drive it (He's driven it before the intake). He tells me that its definitely faster now and I need to get it back to the 1/4 mile Track. In completely stock form, I was able to get a 14.1 out of it at 94-95 mph through the traps. Hopefully I'll get it on the track tonight and see what it does. I want to pull the plugs after tracking it tonight to see if it's running too lean now. I figured with the entire electronic BS in cars now, I'd get an idiot light if it was too lean. (My Vibe GT did all the time after short ramming it). All an All I'm Very happy with the product, I didn't have to move the stock battery and it's an easy enough install/de-install if I have to take it in for Recalls or warranty work. The only Negative is there is a bracket that bolts to the top of the the Airbox that you take out, there is no real good place to ziptie or bolt it to, so it kinda just hangs there:

I do want to get a tune and boost pill, but need to make sure that I can return it back to Stock in case of Recalls or warranty work.

Originally Posted by jazket
I was thinking of buying that short ram... give us some feedback!

nice setup!

post pics of ur ride btw

Here's a Couple pics of the rides, I'm working on more, she's just really dirty right now and stuff

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...innati-oh.html

As for the Exhaust, I'll post some pictures soon, the plan is to initially do a 3" Cat back to Dual exit and appear as stock as possible when it's on the ground. We have the Main run from the Cat to just past the axle mocked up, Once that is finished I'll be doing a Turbo to Cat. I know there are a few out there that are currently available, I just don't quite like the designs and wanted to do one myself.

Last edited by Burkeyro; Jun 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:31 AM

Another SICK creation from ZeroLift AutoLab

So we finally got a chance to get back to working on the RA exhaust. We finished up the Prototype Friday night, we need to do a couple of tweaks here and there, and hopefully we’ll be able to get these into production soon. Here are some pictures and a short Video Clip:
We took the Stock Cat Back off, and found a 3" flange that fits the flange coming off the cat. We had to modify the bolt holes slightly on the aftermarket flange and was able to use the stock bolts to bold the mid section to the CAT.

Got the Mid section finished up and around the rear diff and such, was able to re-use the stock hanger and rubber.

We ended up building a custom Y-pipe.

Robert was laying down a hella Tac

Mid Section:

Rear Dual section:

Minus the driver side hanger.

Complete.

RA on the ground:

Here is a Video Clip of the First Startup and a little rev'ing:

http://mkii-supra.com/images/video/GEDC0755.MOV
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Nice, modding bug has hit me as well. Stereo has been my priority so far, driving 6 hours to school i'd rather hear music than the car, that dulls on you after a while.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Dude that pretty Fing Kool man i cot a custom axle back right now... about to get my paws on the AMS Catback soon i hope
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:46 AM

yeah, we are hoping to get these into production sometime soon, Future plans is to do a Muffler'd dual version, a single version and eventually get to the Turbo back with RHigh flow cat.