Notices

can a flash tuner change peramiters in the tranny?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can a flash tuner change peramiters in the tranny?

im kinda tech retarded but i know on some of the new mopars and mustangs you can change shift points and how hard the shift is on the tranny. my question is can a flash tuner make you leave harder in stead of the hesitation off the line with the ralliart?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, not yet. The shift speeds, and points are pretty damn good stock in sport mode, unlike the cars you mentioned - especially with sport mode engaged. The real promise would be in potentially getting the Evo X sst program ported over to the ralliart SST.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

i have no problem with the shift points. just the hesitation from a stop
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blaze00
i have no problem with the shift points. just the hesitation from a stop
To get quicker acceleration off the line, you can try "brake torquing", as some do here for drag racing. For instance, if you hold down the brake at a stop light, right before it turns green or you're ready to launch, rev the engine up to 2 to 3k, then let go of the brake.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

i have been wondering if the trans control modules are interchangable on the two cars. i work at mitsu, but havent really had a chance to get both cars into the shop after hours and check to see if the connectors are the same yet (sales dept wouldnt like it very well, and all the evos are in the showroom). i asked my rep and he didnt have a straight answer for me, but he is pretty in tune with the tuner scene. next time i see him ill ask again and see if he has any new info.
now if the connectors are the same, MORE THAN LIKELY, i think a direct swap is possible, but it is possible i could be very wrong on this. i think there are some vendors on here who have been working on a crack for the tcm on these cars, but i haven't seen anything concrete come of it yet. give it time, im sure the guys at BR/TTP/AMS etc will have it figured out before too long.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

it would be nice to get it with a base flash. not wanting to go crazy on this car but i like it when i hit the gas and start moving directly after.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Id put money on saying you could plug and play.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

If I'm not mistaking, then then TCU is housed in/on the transmission - you would actually have to do quite a bit or surgery to get to it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if each TCU is programmed to a specific vin. Of course, your service shop should have the tools to reprogram it. However, the software might go a bit deeper than that anyways. It's an interesting thought, but unfortunately, I really doubt that it's just a matter of plug and play.