Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey if they lower the price a bit i might want to dyno the car too
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by jazket
Yeap, don't look at my siggie now lol... this thread was a while back when I only had the Pill, flash stock wheels, stock everything and the paper/temp tag lol

two questions then; how was fuel economy w/ just the base flash? and how hella nice must your RA be running now w/ all the additional mods if you were throwin down 240whp with just the flash?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Well just after the flash, the RA was running like hell; and after all the bolt-ons and the wheel/tire upgrade (this is very important), well let's just say I have a permanent grin on my face when I get inside the RA

It's that good... it's about 80% the thrill you get while driving an Evo X... while I know an Evo 10 is about 80% the thrill of driving an Evo 9 .... so about 60% the thrill of driving an Evo 9

Fuel economy is the same if not worse; I don't believe that about saving gas when you're increasing power.. it should be the other way around lol; I've reached 24miles on the highway but that was only after the engine had a good amount of miles on it

In stock form... not good, it feels heavy and slow, though for some reason it can do some damage to other more expensive cars when driven off the hole; rolling speed improves vastly after the flash and bolt-ons as well, specially when you're manual shifting and always keeping the RPMs 'round the power band

John- the dyno is 70 bucks; let's go to MGW next Saturday; they have a DynoJet Dyno... should be good to see how much you're throwing on a diferent dyno

The interior parts, got them from MitsubishiParts.net (they're a registered seller here at EvoM.net) talk to Russell, he'll hook you up.

Here's a thread w/ pictures:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ml#post7412831

Last edited by jazket; Aug 19, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:03 AM

Well just after the flash, the RA was running like hell
how so? and what was the fix? i hope not the bolt-ons...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mattgood2
cause I was suppose to let it idle for the re-learn and I didnt... and pushed it really hard and was getting a P1235 error about the MAF sensor, which would trigger a weird idle at around 2,800 rpms when at a stop light ... then I disconnected the battery, and ran the car 30 minutes in idle... and the problem started fading away... then it was running amazing... but the bolt-ons have enhanced the performance a bunch also;

don't get me wrong, the flash will turn your RA in a totally different beast
but get all those bolt-ons installed and you'll see what I mean!

I did 248hp at the wheels on my RA with the AMS Flash + Pill; a friend of mine tuned locally and did 254hp around that time and I was able to beat him by one full car; not sure the reasons (I say cause my wheels and the sticky rubber) but I've been pretty happy with the AMS Flash!

Last edited by jazket; Aug 19, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I got the tune with the pill,

car is running beautiful, no worries here.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:29 AM

cause I was suppose to let it idle for the re-learn and I didnt... and pushed it really hard and was getting a P1235 error about the MAF sensor, which would trigger a weird idle at around 2,800 rpms when at a stop light ... then I disconnected the battery, and ran the car 30 minutes in idle... and the problem started fading away... then it was running amazing... but the bolt-ons have enhanced the performance a bunch also;

don't get me wrong, the flash will turn your RA in a totally different beast
but get all those bolt-ons installed and you'll see what I mean!

I did 248hp at the wheels on my RA with the AMS Flash + Pill; a friend of mine tuned locally and did 254hp around that time and I was able to beat him by one full car; not sure the reasons (I say cause my wheels and the sticky rubber) but I've been pretty happy with the AMS Flash!
so, following AMS' post-install guidelines thoroughly, the car should drive fine pretty much immediately post-flash, right?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

so, following AMS' post-install guidelines thoroughly, the car should drive fine pretty much immediately post-flash, right?
it should be running way better then when you got it out the dealer
btw, the whole idle thing is not under AMS install guidelines that I know of it's just common practice
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:19 AM

it should be running way better then when you got it out the dealer
btw, the whole idle thing is not under AMS install guidelines that I know of it's just common practice
damn...not the answer i was looking for. someone needs to talk me into thinking a reflash is a BAD idea real quick before i get myself into some hot water w/ the chica for 'liquidating funds'
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn...not the answer i was looking for. someone needs to talk me into thinking a reflash is a BAD idea real quick before i get myself into some hot water w/ the chica for 'liquidating funds'
DON'T DO IT, ITS A TERRIBLE IDEA
(tell chica to send check/money order/paypal to velocityhead)
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

John- the dyno is 70 bucks; let's go to MGW next Saturday; they have a DynoJet Dyno... should be good to see how much you're throwing on a diferent dyno
Which saturday are u guys goin exactly? I'll go too. i want to see what mine does stock.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:12 PM

lol the friend Jazket keeps referring to is me. Jaz you want to dyno this weekend or next? I need a straight pipe before I retune but don't want the CEL *sigh*....
Old Aug 20, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

cel?? dont you have a test pipe already?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Don't know what everone is talking about with the CEL. I had it happen to me two or three times in the last 5 months. I caused it cuz I held it over redline for to long without shifting. I cleared it by restarting the car 3 or 4 times. I haven't had it happen in 3 or so months. It's my DD and it runs better than perfect everyday. No issues at all. I also had a grin from ear to ear. It's got great acceleration, goes strong throghout the power band. Get it, it's the best bang for ur buck.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm hoping someone near the Philadelphia, South Jersey area can share their experiences with the ECU Flash, Boost Pill plus Tune so I can go to the same tuner garage they use. I'm curious about all of this but I don't want to take this path alone without some local expertise. I'm just a newbie.