Notices

Evo X OE Intercooler Installed on 2009 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So u used stock RA LICP and AMS UICP to fit EVO X FMIC? What did they charge for UICP?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$295 plus shipping...

Although I don't even know if I'm suppose to be saying this; I don't know if they're willing to sell just the pipes to whomever ask for them or if they did it just to help me out (yeah, like I'm that special haha)
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Pics? Do u think Injen UICP would still work with this setup?

Last edited by Gibby860; Jul 30, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gibby860
Pics? Do u think Injen UICP would still work with this setup?
nope, injen won't work I'm 100% sure of that (I'll eat my words if Injen can prove otherwise, but since this pipe is for the stock FMIC, you'll still run with the same fitting issues as if you were using the stock pipe)
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Man, great info. You are a huge help to the community, jazket.

But reading everything in this forum, and how Mitsubishi chokes the Ralliart so it doesn't compete with the Evo as much, just makes me second guess that I should have just bought an Evo anyway. You'll spend MORE money and time just to get the RA to even be a STOCK Evo!

*sigh* ='(
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by toredefine
Mitsubishi chokes the Ralliart so it doesn't compete with the Evo as much, just makes me second guess that I should have just bought an Evo anyway.
Unfortunately that's the case. While you can dump a bunch of money into the engine, brakes and suspension to make it comparable to an Evo, the RA was never intended to compete with the Evo. It's built less for the track crowd and more for the spirited daily-drivers.

After all of the aftermarket upgrades, a GSR looks like the more economical choice
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by velocityhead
Unfortunately that's the case. While you can dump a bunch of money into the engine, brakes and suspension to make it comparable to an Evo, the RA was never intended to compete with the Evo. It's built less for the track crowd and more for the spirited daily-drivers.

After all of the aftermarket upgrades, a GSR looks like the more economical choice
I still think it depends on what you are looking for from a car. My Ralliart was as much a choice of economics as performance. That being said, you can have the power of a stock EVO just with a tune. But then, you would need to modify to match a tuned EVO. And then you would have to spend lots of money to make your Ralliart compete with a modified EVO. And the cycle would repeat over and over.

If you were purely performance and track minded, yes the GSR is a better choice than the Ralliart. However, if you are like 99% of the people (yes, even those who buy GSRs and MRs), even a stock Ralliart more than meets your needs.

And let's not fool ourselves: With the exception of very few people who post on these boards (and are probably professional drivers), we will never see 100% of a Ralliart's potential. Increased horsepower and modifications simply allow us to make a car that we can only drive with 70% proficiency out perform a stock version of the car driven by a person who can drive that car with 80 or 90% proficiency.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

I've already beaten a stock GSR and I'm still around 30k spent (total)... another $1,500 bucks more and I might reach my 300/300 goal

That's a total of $32,000 +/- approx; Close to a GSR but still not there; so after a bit of thinking, I say the RA is damn good for the price

But yeah back on topic, it's good to help out the community; I help myself while helping others; nothing wrong with that!

More to come, I'll soon make a small thread with images on all the mods I've done so far, and post some more how to's! xD
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Hey jazket off topic but what is the Lancer Evolution X MR 2010 Interior Upgrades do u happen to have a link to these and also why are u selling ur stock evo x turbo, did it not work out for u?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaspipedreamer
Hey jazket off topic but what is the Lancer Evolution X MR 2010 Interior Upgrades do u happen to have a link to these and also why are u selling ur stock evo x turbo, did it not work out for u?
the stock Evo turbo is from a friend of mine's I'm trying to sell it for him;

I would've bought it myself but right now I don't want to upgrade the turbo, and when I'm ready for it I'm going for a 'Red (after I saw AMS's thread regarding an FPRed installed on their RA)!

Also here's the interior stuff (see if u can spot the changes ):

By jazket at 2009-07-31

By jazket at 2009-07-31

I ordered everything from Russell (MitsubishiParts.net):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...-w-lids-2.html
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, I can't tell from the pictures but is the trim around the shifter the mock-CF-style like the image from that thread?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket

I would've bought it myself but right now I don't want to upgrade the turbo, and when I'm ready for it I'm going for a 'Red (after I saw AMS's thread regarding an FPRed installed on their RA)!

By jazket at 2009-07-31

By jazket at 2009-07-31

U swapped the interior parts?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

ok i failed i finally found the pictures ahaha, but still have some more questions about the whole interior stuff but i will pm u the questions cause they can b numerous haha

I see all the swapped the two cubbys and the one by the center console but how did u get the trimming around ur climate control knobs and the trimming around the shifter i didnt see them on the link x_X

Originally Posted by jazket

By jazket at 2009-07-31

By jazket at 2009-07-31

Last edited by gaspipedreamer; Aug 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: found what i needed
Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

oh no boondoc, those are not pics of my car, that's a Sportback model whith the new interior upgrades; I used that pic just to show how mine will look after the upgrades (still waiting for Russ from MitsuParts.net to ship everything to me)

I'll make a how-to on that for sure; here velocy, this is the actual set of parts:

Here's a quick picture of the pipe:

i'll answer ur pm shortly gaspipe

BTW, I beat a modded Mazdaspeed 3 off the line yesterday night, distance: about 3 cars behind
Homestead Speedway is nice now that I can hawl fast (plus the chick taking care of the launch is hot as heck!)

Last edited by jazket; Aug 2, 2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not to high jack this thread but I do have have a stock Evo x fmic with and Evo x agency power upper ic pipe that I'm selling.

Quick Reply: Evo X OE Intercooler Installed on 2009 Ralliart