Notices

TTP Tuned???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP Tuned???

Hello All,

I finally got my car dyno after getting a tune from TTP for my ralliart. I disappointed that I got only 15 more HP and 4 more lbs of Torque

My stock run was 215HP and 243Torque
After the Flash 229HP and 247 Torque

I got it dyno at EFILOGICS in CT www.efilogics.com They ran a few pulls on stock and flashed and printed me out the best runs.

Scott what up with these low numbers???

I will have the Dyno sheet posted tonight. It was done on a Mustang Dyamometer

Tim G.
Attached Thumbnails TTP Tuned???-img002.jpg  

Last edited by Ralliart_2009; Aug 10, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Why don't you pm Scott first before making a thread? Btw, isn't a base flash only good for about 15-20whp? If you want the most out of a tune, a custom one would be your best bet.

Last edited by black_evo; Aug 10, 2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by black_evo
Why don't you pm Scott first before making a thread? Btw, isn't a base flash only good for about 15-20whp?
It was actually 14 HP Gain. Which I see other Stock Ralliarts with e-mail tuning make a bit more than 14HP Gains and 4lbs of Torque Gain. You can see my disappointment.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Bummer dude..
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the good news is that it was done on a LOAD BEARING MUSTANG DYNO before and after.. Should be accurate.. Might just need a tweak here or there.. COntact TTP i am sure they will get you situated.. Good luck!!

Mike
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Well the good news is that it was done on a LOAD BEARING MUSTANG DYNO before and after.. Should be accurate.. Might just need a tweak here or there.. COntact TTP i am sure they will get you situated.. Good luck!!

Mike
Thanks Mike, I hope they do... this a big let down...just fustrated cause money doesn't come easy these days...
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ouch!
I just sent them $400 a couple minutes ago for my tune!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
Ouch!
I just sent them $400 a couple minutes ago for my tune!
Scott is looking into it for me...I have the Dyno Posted
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, well I just received the dynosheet and have noticed a few things.

#1- The boost on the baseline map is HIGHER than on the TTP tuned map!

#2- Outside of the lack of boost on the TTP mapping, the AFR is PERFECT!

#3- Even at near stock boost, the graph is perfectly linear and gains +27whp on top.

#4- The smoothing factor of the dynosheet is set at 75% which reduces the numbers slightly.

#5- This tune looks perfect, however it has not been run at the correct boost level.

Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Here is the problem with your dyno runs. You are missing quite a bit of boost (ABOUT 4psi TO BE EXACT).

For whatever reason, your boost with the tuned map is a bit lower than with the stock mapping.

You either have a boost leak in your pipes, couplers or plastic stock BOV, your wastegate preload or spring pressure is weak or your lines to the boost control solenoid are not plumbed correctly.

Your tune looks perfect, your boost maps have been reviewed and are tuned 100% correctly, everything is exactly as it should be except your boost level is below what we tuned it for and slightly below stock even.

#1- I would boost leak test the system and fix any leaks.

#2- you could preload the wastegate actuator by tightening the turnbuckle a few turns.

#3- you can remove the pill from the vacuum hose to the boost control solenoid coming into the solenoid to raise the boost.

As stated, everything is perfect, however every once in a while we see an Evo X or Ralliart with a softer wastegate setting then the rest.

Run through the first three steps above and we will guide you along to getting the boost level up to where it is tuned for.

That is your only issue and its no fault of ours.

Here is what the boost response should look like at MINIMUM with our tuning.

Yours clearly does not exhibit running the proper boost level.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Aug 10, 2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:43 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Tweaked the thread title. Based on the dyno graph posted by the OP, I believe that there was some misunderstanding on the part of the OP. In the future, contact a vendor BEFORE posting a negative review, to give them a chance to help you out and clear up the situation. Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by otter
Tweaked the thread title. Based on the dyno graph posted by the OP, I believe that there was some misunderstanding on the part of the OP. In the future, contact a vendor BEFORE posting a negative review, to give them a chance to help you out and clear up the situation. Thanks.

Wasn't meant to be a negative review....I still like TTP
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black_evo
Why don't you pm Scott first before making a thread? Btw, isn't a base flash only good for about 15-20whp? If you want the most out of a tune, a custom one would be your best bet.
Make that 40whp

to the OP, yeah I'd also recommend 2 give them a call first and try to solve things without relying on the forums; even though u probably didn't mean to post a negative opinion that's exactly what it looked like

Good luck
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:24 AM

Hey guys,

I dyno'd the car myself, and I have only one observation that I could make that could be the cause of the boost loss.. Since it is a minimal boost loss, I would be set to assume that it might have been a loss of heat energy in the manifold that causes the turbo not to boost 100%. The only reason I say this is because we did the TTP tune first, the car had some time to cool down on the dyno while we strapped it down, and it sat in the parking lot for a bit. After the dyno pull we then flashed the stock tune and did another pull immediately, everything was nice and hot, and things were probably running as efficient as it gets.

Overall, I really don't think there is anything wrong with the car, or the dyno pulls. If you look at the data, the car is making almost 25 more horsepower at redline over the stock map, this is a great improvement. I'm not sure there is a whole bunch of power to be made on a completely stock Ralliart without pushing things too hard.

If you go here: http://efilogics.com/dyno/index.php?...&torque=1&gb=0

You can mouse over the graph to get the exact numbers where the mouse pointer is at. You can also click the "Run Details" tab after each pull to see the exact numbers with boost and AFR.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
Account Disabled

That's a pretty neat program you got there.

But yes, as the site indicates, the AFR is perfect, the tune is excellent, it just needs more boost.

The boost tables are 100% so on this particular car, we need to raise the boost via other methods such as removing the boost pill to the solenoid or adding a boost pill to the pressure side of the wastegate tee.

We appreciate EFI sharing the information about the TTP pulls being done on a hot car and the baseline being done after the car sat for a while and cooled down. Kind of backwards but it is what it is.